Evidence-based practice is at the heart of nursing—and most of that evidence is based on quantitative research. For nurses who are merely competent in math, though, interpreting the numbers can be a challenge. And if your own facility with statistics is middling, trying to mentor semi-numerate DNP students may leave you feeling helpless at times.
Help is on the way. On May 19, data analysis expert James Lani, Ph.D., MS is hosting a free webinar specifically aimed at faculty members who mentor graduate students for dissertation, thesis, or scholarly projects and are seeking to take their command of statistics to the next level to better guide those students.
Dr. Lani, the CEO of Intellectus Statistics, has been helping faculty and graduate students with their quantitative research for over two decades.
In his upcoming webinar session, Dr. Lani will use mock data to work through faculty and students’ research questions, prepare and graph data, select and conduct the correct statistical analyses, and demonstrate how to appropriately present results. He will also cover sample size and power analysis, data management, and visualization techniques, and at the end of the presentation, he can even provide faculty with project-specific help.
James Lani holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, an MS in Psychology with an emphasis in Experimental Methods from California State University Long Beach, a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, and minors in Mathematics and Human Services from California State University, Fullerton.
You can register at https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/9216511713809/WN_tr_bnpE4QYmZKj0rFDmtdQ. Grab your calculator, and be there … or be a confounding variable.
- Date: May 19, 2022, 2 PM Eastern Time.
- Who can attend: Faculty members in nursing, social work, counseling, public health, psychology, and health administration at any stage of their research or faculty who mentor students’ research as they pursue their degree (i.e., Dissertations, DNP Project for Nurses, Fieldwork and Supervision for Behavior Analysts, etc.)
- Price: FREE
- To register: go to https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/9216511713809/WN_tr_bnpE4QYmZKj0rFDmtdQ
- 8 Gifts to Show Appreciation for Nurses This Holiday Season: A Comprehensive Gift Guide - November 24, 2023
- Rita And Alex Hillman Foundation Awards Innovation Dissemination Grant to TeamBirth - October 4, 2023
- Join Kaiser Permanente for a Free Webinar - June 7, 2023