10 Telltale Signs to Find A New Job
When you think about your job, do you instantly become stressed? Do you feel ignored at work? Is your unhappiness at work interfering with your sleep and family life? Then you know well some of the common signs that it’s time to leave your job.
An unhappy job can affect your health, attitude and relationships. The negative energy is contagious and will follow you off the job until you realize it’s time to move on and take action to do just that.
A month into a new year may be the best time to pay attention to signs that your current position may be a poor fit. Take a look and count how many signs you recognize.
- You’ve outgrown the position and there is no room for advancement. And you’ve been passed over for promotion. Again.
- You feel ignored at work. Key assignments, important meetings and plum projects are long behind you.
- A bully has fixed a target on your back.
- The company’s mission is a joke, at least to you.
- Your work-life-balance is seriously out of whack.
- Your stress level has affected your health, from weight gain or loss and sleepless nights to mood swings and high blood pressure. Is a job worth your health?
- A sense of dread greets you every time you head into work.
- Your productivity has taken a hit. The work environment no longer energizes you.
- The only passion you feel about your job is for the need to replace it.
- Your relationships at work can be described in two words: they stink.
If you see all these signs in your life, it’s time to work on an exit plan. But while you are still working, it’s important to stay professional, no matter how angry you get at colleagues and supervisors.
When you do find a new job, depart on a positive note. That should be easy to do. After all, you are so out of there!
Robin Farmer is a freelance journalist with a focus on health, education and business. Visit her at www.RobinFarmerWrites.com