The Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association (FNSNA) is delighted to announce a new diversity scholarship award sponsored by Johnson & Johnson. Funding may be used for tuition, fees, and books. Use the same application to apply for all FNSNA scholarships. Students must complete the race/ethnicity question to qualify. There is $225,000 available. Awards up to $7,500.
The deadline to apply is February 15, 2021.
- Pre-nursing students taking courses to prepare for matriculation into a nursing program
- Attending classes and taking no less than six (6) credits per semester
- Involvement in student nursing organizations and/or community health activities
- Document academic achievement
- Establish financial need
- U.S. Citizen or Alien with U.S. Permanent Resident Status/Alien Registration Number
- High school students are not eligible to apply
- Funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing
FNSNA Scholarship Application Instructions
Read carefully. Failure to follow all instructions may result in disqualification.
- Complete all sections on the online application.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate scholarships are available to students currently enrolled in a state-approved nursing program leading to an associate degree, baccalaureate, diploma, direct-entry master’s degree, RN to BSN/MSN completion, LPN/LVN to RN, or accelerated programs. Funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing
- Action Item: Submission Fee: a non-refundable $10 submission fee must be paid via Stripe (Link to Stripe is within the online scholarship application)
- Action Item: the Clinical Instructor/Faculty Advisor of your program must complete the Clinical Instructor/Faculty Advisor Certification Form. Please remember to put your name on this section.
- Action Item: The school/college Financial Aid Representative must complete the Financial Aid Certification form.
- Action Item: An unofficial transcript must be uploaded prior to submitting your application. In addition, grade reports for the fall semester are acceptable if not reported on the transcript.
- Possible Action Item: Members of the National Student Nurses’ Association who wish to be considered for scholarships open only to NSNA members, must include membership number. NSNA Board of Directors and Nominating and Elections Committee are ineligible.
- Possible Action Item: Students entering LPN/LVN to RN; or RN to BSN/MSN completion programs immediately upon graduation from associate degree or diploma programs must submit a letter of acceptance with the application or official confirmation that the application has been received by the new school. Proof of licensure and enrollment must be provided at the time the scholarship award check is issued.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Alien with U.S. Permanent Resident Status or hold an Alien Registration Number.
- Possible Action Item: If you have been employed as an RN, attach a copy of your resume and license.
- All checks are made payable to the school towards the account of the scholarship recipient. Scholarship money will be used to offset the cost of tuition, academic fees and books only.
- Funds not used by the end of the scholarship-funding period are to be returned to FNSNA.
- Do not include information that is not requested. Do not include photos.
- Only complete applications will be considered. The Selection Committee does not accept separate documents after the application has been received.
- All applicants will be notified of a decision in March.
- The FNSNA Announces a New Diversity Scholarship Award - January 14, 2021