Tenured or tenure-track position in the College of Nursing (CON) University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, and service. Rank will be determined upon review of qualifications.
Work collaboratively with Director(s) and/or Assistant Director(s) to teach, develop, implement, refine, revise, and/or evaluate nursing student curriculum and policies. Maintain scholarship and service activities appropriate for rank.
i. Promotes mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of the University and the College of Nursing.
ii. Manages classes and learning environments, selects appropriate materials to support curriculum and provides constructive feedback to students.
iii. Delivers effective instruction using technology and a variety of techniques in a manner appropriate to the course objectives.
iv. Assesses student learning, designs assessments that measure student growth, aligns assessment with learning opportunities.
v. Promotes continual improvement as part of the cycle of teaching and learning develops and revises curriculum and instructional materials as needed.
vi. Participate in processes related to recruitment, selection, admission, advising, and progression of students consistent with College of Nursing and University admission policies, option assessment, and accreditation processes.
vii. Pursues professional development, contributes to academic discipline through research, presentation and publication.
viii. Participates in program resource development, including simulation and obtaining intramural and extramural program support.
ix. Participate in service through appropriate discipline-specific organizations, educational organizations, statewide boards/ committees or community activities.
x. Serve on University and College committees as needed and as indicated in CON bylaws.
xi. Represent the University and the College of Nursing at professional activities at local, state, national, and international levels.
xii. Other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Director or Dean.
● Graduate of an accredited nursing program associated with a regionally-accredited institution of higher education
● Doctoral degree earned or in final semester (ABD with pending graduation date etc.) (PhD, DNP, DNS, JD, EdD, etc.)
● Certification for nursing area of expertise if applicable
● Unencumbered license as a registered nurse and/or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and eligible for immediate licensure in the state of Wisconsin
● Expertise in one of the following areas:
o Maternal Child Health
o Medical Surgical
o Mental Health
o Simulation Technology
● PhD preferred
● Clinical experience in the area of identified expertise
● Evidence of expertise in Undergraduate and/or Graduate level teaching
● Evidence of expertise in online teaching
● Evidence of scholarship and service
Submit a letter of intent, curriculum vita, three current letters of recommendation, contact information for an additional 3 references and transcripts as well as evidence of meeting qualified and preferred criteria.
Apply at: http://careers.uwosh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496784/assistantassociatefull-professor-in-college-of-nursing-3-positions