Website University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing
The University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing seeks applications for a Director position for the new Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program. Candidates must meet the academic and scholarly credentials for the Adjunct faculty series. The position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs. Rank and salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Doctorate (DNP, preferred, or PhD) in nursing from an accredited program. The anticipated start date is April 1, 2018.
The School of Nursing prepares nurses and scholars to lead and transform nursing care in a rapidly changing, diverse and complex healthcare environment through academic excellence, innovative research, superior clinical practice, strong community partnerships, and global initiatives. As part of the UCLA Center for Health Sciences, the School of Nursing is affiliated with the highly acclaimed Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica Hospital
• Doctorate (DNP, preferred, or PhD) in nursing from an accredited program
• Current licensure in California as Registered Nurse
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure (preferred) and clinical experience at the APRN level
• Graduate level teaching experience in an academic institution, in either face-to-face or online learning modalities
Program Leadership Qualifications:
• Commitment to building the DNP program, nurturing a culture that is welcoming, inclusive and supportive and engaging diverse ideas and discovery
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and networking skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience to negotiate, creatively problem solve and interact in academic and clinical settings
• Evidence of: 1) analytic and strategic planning skills, and 2) application of innovation and creativity to curricular design and program implementation
• Report to the Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs
• Recruit and educate faculty teaching in the program on the AACN DNP Essentials and support development of course syllabi
• Assist in the development and monitoring of the DNP Program budget
• Contribute to teaching in the DNP program
• Monitor curriculum for compliance with accreditation requirements; carry out internal data collection and analysis from relevant sources, i.e., course evaluations, student and faculty feedback
• Participate in the writing of accreditation and required UC and/or state approval reports for the DNP
• Lead marketing, recruitment and screening efforts for program applicants and chairs the DNP Admissions Committee
• Represent the DNP Program nationally and internationally and in School of Nursing leadership strategic planning.
• Approve and validate student clinical hours and clinical sites for the DNP Scholarly Project Series
• Lead orientation of DNP faculty and provide new faculty mentorship to insure individual performance related to teaching, student advisement, and professional service and practice.
• Facilitate development of online courses and content for the DNP
• Supervise and evaluate the DNP program administrator
• Promote an environment that encourages respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Confer with faculty and students on matters related to student performance and remediation.
Application procedure: Submit your application to UCLA Recruit at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03578
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy (http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct)