Website University of California, Berkeley
Director of Clinical Services #25949
University Health Services
Take your career to the preeminent public university in the country! UC Berkeley’s University Health Services (UHS) is seeking a Director of Clinical Services. This is a unique opportunity to oversee a busy Clinical Services Program serving a diverse campus community. If you have strong healthcare and leadership experience and a passion for college health, this could be your opportunity.
• Globally recognized: Rated #1 public university in the world
• National collegiate leader: One of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive university health centers, caring for students, faculty, and staff.
• Impact: Be at the forefront of college health issues.
• Location: Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area!
What you will do:
• Oversee the overall operational management of Clinical Services Units located at the Tang Center; includes Primary & Urgent Care Clinics, Specialty Clinic, Allergy/Travel Clinic, and ancillary services.
• Be a key member of senior leadership teams responsible for strategic development and organizational planning, and lead the Clinical Services Management Team.
• Provide leadership and professional direction of Nurse Managers and other supervisees, expanding professional scope to meet evolving student needs.
• Develop and monitor annual clinic budgets.
• Manage the Clinical Services Quality Improvement Program
• Monitor/evaluate overall access, as well as the coordination, continuity and consistency of service line functions.
• Ensure compliance with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) accreditation standards.
• Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, and sensitivity in all interactions with our diverse patient population and campus.
What you will need:
• Experience managing medical care units and the delivery of medical care services to a diverse client population.
• Strong supervisory experience.
• Thorough knowledge of budget/fiscal related processes.
• Excellent project management and organizational leadership skills.
• Excellent written, electronic and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively collaborate with external partners and stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
• Experience in accreditation preparation (AAAHC or JACHO) and familiarity with applicable standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in health professional area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Currently licensed in State of California as Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or other allied healthcare provider.
• Current BLS certification
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a highly competitive benefits package.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
UC Berkeley’s University Health Services (UHS) provides fully accredited primary medical care, sports medicine, mental health, innovative health promotion and health insurance services to students, as well as a variety of faculty and staff health programs and services. The Clinical Services Program within UHS includes urgent care, primary care and specialty clinics, laboratory, pharmacy, physical therapy, radiology, and a major medical insurance plan. Approximately 70,000 visits occur annually including Primary Care, Urgent Care, Occupational Health and Specialty Clinics. These visits generate ancillary encounters with the Radiology, Clinical Laboratory, Physical Therapy and Pharmacy departments. Learn more at uhs.berkeley.edu
Employment is contingent on successful completion of: Background Check, Acceptable Medical Evaluation that includes infectious disease surveillance and proof of current required vaccinations or immunity levels, and successful credentials verification.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To Apply, visit: