Website Rider University
Rider University invites applications for a tenure track appointment as Director of the RN-BSN program and an MSN-NP program that is currently under development. The position will be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin on September 1, 2019. The MSN-NP program will launch in Fall 2020. Both programs are/will be offered online. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will provide leadership for the nursing programs and will be responsible for program development and assessment of the MSN-NP program and oversight of the RN-BSN program, including initial accreditation of the MSN-NP program. The Director oversees annual program assessment and review, continuous improvement processes, and data collection and submission of required documents for accrediting bodies. Responsibilities will include teaching in the undergraduate and graduate programs, advising and mentoring of students, collaboration with faculty and stakeholders in setting the direction of the nursing programs, and hiring and evaluation of faculty. The successful candidate will be responsible for 18 teaching hours per academic year which includes 3 credits of release time/semester. The candidate will be expected to carry out an active research/scholarship agenda and disseminate results in scholarly publications and at professional conferences, and be actively involved on committees at the University as well as community and professional organizations.
The Department values diversity among its faculty and is committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community.
• Earned doctoral degree required
• Graduate of an accredited MSN program required
• National certification and current clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Primary Adult and Geriatric Care Nurse Practitioner, or Adult and Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner required
• Current licensure or eligibility for RN licensure in New Jersey required
• Strong teaching background in academia
• Administrative experience preferred
• Experience with accreditation of nursing education programs preferred
• Knowledge of clinical agency requirements and regulations of NP certifying agencies
• Experience with online teaching preferred
All applicants must complete an on-line application at http://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/5745
and attach curriculum vitae, statement outlining your commitment to diversity, including evidence of your experience working with and teaching diverse students, letter of interest, a statement of teaching philosophy and goals, and a detailed statement of research interests, plans, goals, and needs. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts and three letters of recommendation also are required. The completion of a satisfactory background check is required.
Rider University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or any other non-job related criteria.