Website Northern Arizona University
This is a 12-month, non-tenure track position beginning at the start of the Spring 2018 semester, or sooner depending upon the availability of the successful candidate. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The assistant director will be responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP), the Personalized Learning Program (PL), and the RN to BSN Program within the School of Nursing. Responsibilities include administrative, recruitment, retention, and departmental projects/service.
• Eligible for RN license in Arizona
• Experience with online, traditional and “flex” format nursing education
• Doctoral degree or doctoral candidate in nursing or related field, OR stated intent to pursue a doctoral program within two years
• Experience with nursing accreditation requirements
• Six years of teaching nursing at a college or university
• Evidence of commitment to a diverse population
• Experience with rural health care
• Prior experience teaching in baccalaureate nursing education
• Three years experience with administration in nursing education
• Prior experience with BSN administration
• Experience with successful grant funding for student programs
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button on this page. Application must include an attachment that contains: (1) a cover letter highlighting your particular qualifications for this position; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a statement of teaching philosophy; and (4) names and contact information for three references. Save all items, in the order stated, as a single PDF or Word document.
If you have problems submitting application attachments in the form of a Word or PDF document please contact [email protected] for assistance.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD – 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.