Website Missouri State University School of Nursing
SCHOOL OF NURSING FACULTY POSITIONS
Missouri State University (MSU) School of Nursing is currently seeking faculty for the fall 2019:
• Assistant Professor 9 month Tenure-Track or Associate Professor
The School of Nursing offers community-based BSN, BSN-C, MSN, and DNP (BSN to DNP as FNP, and Post-Masters DNP) Programs. All programs are accredited by CCNE with a 95% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN and 100% on the FNP certification exam in 2018. Nursing benefits from new educational facilities, as well as MSU Care, a clinic for the uninsured for nursing faculty and student practice within an interdisciplinary environment. The School is a member of the McQueary College of Health and Human Services, a collaborative group of graduate and undergraduate health programs. MSU is a 4-campus comprehensive system with over 26,000 students and a mission in public affairs. The University has received numerous awards, including excellence in diversity, a Forbes top college, and a Carnegie Foundation Community Engaged University, among other accolades. Springfield is a vibrant, growing metropolitan area of over 440,000 people, along with a low cost of living, high quality of life, many recreational and cultural activities, and serves as a center for healthcare and healthcare education for the region. See links for the School of Nursing http://www.missouristate.edu/nursing/, and MSU http://www.missouristate.edu/.
• Teach in the School’s undergraduate and graduate programs
• Advise Students
• Participate in service to the School, College, and University levels
• Pursue a program of scholarship
• Qualified applicants must hold a doctoral degree in nursing (PhD or DNP with FNP certification) or be enrolled in a doctoral program in nursing or a related field for a tenure track position. Applicants with a doctoral degree in a related field must have a masters’ degree in nursing. All candidates must have an unrestricted Missouri nursing license or eligibility to practice nursing in Missouri. Faculty must have a commitment to work with diverse students and colleagues. Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense.