East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 002635
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice.
The East Carolina University College of Nursing (ECUCON) seeks applicants for a fulltime tenure or tenure-track faculty position. Academic appointment will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicant.
The ECUCON has over 500 graduate students including over 100 DNP and 35 PhD students. The College of Nursing is a part of the Health Sciences Division that includes Allied Health, Dental Science, and a School of Medicine committed to excellence in teaching and scientific inquiry. Additionally, strong interprofessional research opportunities exist in varied centers and institutes within the division and university, such as the Center for Health Disparities, North Carolina Agro-Medicine Institute, and Diabetes and Obesity Institute.
Responsibilities for the Nursing Science Department position include:
• Maintaining an active program of research in an area relevant to the mission of the college.
• Establishing a funded program of research.
• Producing scholarly works, including peer-reviewed publications and presentations at state, national, and/or international levels.
• Teaching, developing, and evaluating relevant courses within the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
• Providing academic advisement and research mentorship to doctoral and Honors College students.
• Chairing and serving on PhD dissertation committees.
• Participating in shared governance through college and university-level committee work.
• Eligibility for tenure-track as an Assistant Professor or tenure at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
• A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
• Earned PhD in nursing (or related field) and graduate degrees in nursing upon application.
• Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• Evidence of a developed or developing research trajectory.
• Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Teaching experience in a university or college setting is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents:
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
• Cover Letter that includes a teaching philosophy and research summary and trajectory;
• Letters of Recommendation; and
• List of References.
Additional Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002635 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/26493
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/swm7gqwnjwhvs4jm