East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 002635
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice.
The East Carolina University College of Nursing seeks applicants for a fulltime tenure or tenure-track faculty position. Academic appointment will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicants.
The ECUCON has over 500 graduate students including over 100 DNP and 35 PhD students. The College of Nursing is a part of the Health Sciences Division which includes Allied Health, Dental Science, and a School of Medicine committed to excellence in teaching and scientific inquiry. Additionally, strong interprofessional research opportunities exist within the division and with the university Center for Health Disparities, Agro-Medicine Institute, and Diabetes and Obesity Institute.
Responsibilities for the PhD position include:
- Maintaining an active program of research in an area relevant to the mission of the college.
- Establishing a funded program of research.
- Producing a high level of scholarly activity including peer-reviewed publications and presentations at a state and national level.
- Teaching, developing and evaluating relevant courses within the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs.
- Providing academic advisement and research mentorship to doctoral and honors students.
- Chairing and serving on PhD dissertation committees.
- Participating in shared governance through college and university-level committee work.
- Eligibility for tenure-track or tenure at the Assistant or Associate level.
- A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
- PhD in a related field and a graduate degree in nursing.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Demonstrated success in teaching excellence.
- Evidence of a strong research trajectory.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Earned PhD in nursing.
Special Instructions to Applicant
In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents:
(a) curriculum vitae, (b) letter of interest; (c) list of three references with contact information, and (d) research plan (no more than 3 pages) detailing synopsis of applicant’s research to date, plans for furthering their trajectory of scientific inquiry, and potential funding mechanisms for this research trajectory to:
Pamela Reis, PhD, CNM, NNP-BC, FACNM
Chair, Nursing Science Faculty Search Committee
3158 Health Sciences Building
Greenville, NC 27858
Email: [email protected]
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Application Types Accepted
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002635 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/14795