Website Columbia Basin College
Interested in a career at Columbia Basin College? Join our team! From our distinguished faculty to our dedicated staff, CBC is committed to our vision to be the educational home that transforms students’ lives through economic and social mobility. We seek to attract and retain engaged and dynamic individuals who are committed to helping all students be successful in accomplishing their goals and who will contribute to an exciting work environment. We value high quality instruction and student learning experiences that foster diversity, equity and inclusion in the classroom and expand into our local and global communities. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and believe that our many unique perspectives make us stronger.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? CBC is currently seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic individual to teach a broad range of courses in the Associate degree in Nursing Program including lecture, lab and/or clinical instruction consistent with the ongoing needs of the Nursing Department. This is a full time-time tenure track position.
This position reports to the Director for Nursing Programs.
CBC Faculty and Staff respect and work effectively with diverse students, colleagues, staff and others in a campus climate that promotes innovative teaching, quality scholarship, a diverse learning environment, and equitable access and educational achievement for all students.
GENERAL QUALITIES DESIRED:
- Passion for teaching and a commitment to student success;
- Commitment to the community college mission;
- Commitment to shared governance and staying current in one’s discipline;
- Willingness to become involved in campus activities beyond one’s discipline;
- Willingness to teach with a variety of methods, including eLearning and instructional innovations;
- Ability to teach individuals from diverse backgrounds effectively;
- Ability to pursue scholarly endeavors in area of expertise; and
- Ability and willingness to participate in the design and measurement of learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness efforts.
The base salary for this position is $59,280 for a 176-day contract over the Instructional Year (Fall/Winter/Spring Quarters). Additional compensation may be available for assignment of summer quarter courses or courses taught outside of the full-time position during fall, winter and spring quarters.
Relocation expenses are considered for the employment offer for the successful candidate if the candidate relocates to the Tri-Cities area from outside of a 175-mile radius.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose application has been received by May 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing education program in a college or university;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing education program and a Master’s degree in health, education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in Washington State or must be able to acquire Washington State Registered Nurse License at the time of hire;
- Three (3) full-time equivalent years Medical/Surgical nursing work experience; and
- Must be able to meet vocational certification standards.
- Community college teaching experience in the relevant chosen discipline;
- Relevant and current teaching experience in a qualified medical facility;
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching community college students.