Website California State University, San Marcos
Nurse Practitioner (10/12 Month Pay Plan)
California State University, San Marcos
California State University San Marcos seeks a Nurse Practitioner for their Student Health and Counseling Services department. In collaboration with a physician, the Nurse Practitioner provides general primary health and gynecological care and treatment to Cal State San Marcos students in a clinical setting. Promotes healthy lifestyles through patient education and counseling. Advises students regarding their health issues, performs/orders the appropriate diagnostic studies, and provides timely follow-up and referrals as needed. This position, in collaboration with appointed clinicians, will develop and implement in-service training for nursing staff.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS: AN OVERVIEW
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is a modern, forward-thinking university, fueled by the collective innovation and determination of a transformational team. CSUSM is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County, where people are proud to come to work and be a part of something great. Our unwavering commitment to a “People First” philosophy supports a culture in which every employee is a leader, “empowered to decide, change and shape our future.” We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long term health care, retirement plans, educational assistance, life insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick leave benefits. CSUSM is a recipient of the Chronicle’s 2014 Great College to work for. We’re looking for high impact employees to join our team.If you have what it takes – come grow with us at CSUSM! For more information about the University, visit the campus website at www.csusm.edu.
Minimum Qualifications include:
• Academic degree or certificate from an approved college or university-based Nurse Practitioner program as outlined by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN);
• Three (3) years of Nurse Practitioner experience in a University health center or out-patient medical clinic;
• Completion of annual Continuing Nursing Education as required for certification and license renewal;
• Possession of a current California Registered Nurse License;
• Possession of a current California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License;
• Possession of a current Nurse Practitioner certification;
• Possession of a current basic CPR certificate;
• Possession of a valid and current controlled substances registration certificate (DEA number);
• Must successfully meet and pass a pre-employment medical examination and drug screen;
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Experience with medical conditions common in Family Nurse Practitioner’s practice;
• Experience with medical conditions common in Women’s Nurse Practitioner’s practice;
• Experience with use of Point and Click Electronic Medical Records software.
• Full-time, probationary position with benefits. The 10-12 Pay Plan class works 10 months per year and is paid over 12 months.
• Salary Range: $4,742 – $8,373/month
• Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,742 – $6,000/month
• Opening Date: March 9, 2018
• Position Open Until Filled. First review of applications will begin April 3, 2018. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting materials should be submitted by 11:59 pm on April 2, 2018.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
For position specifications, benefits summary and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.csusm.edu/recruitment/staffmppcareers.html and under “Staff & Management Opportunities” click on “Job Openings”. Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238. Direct your questions to: Human Resources – (760) 750-4418
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.