Website Adelphi University
Associate Dean for Research
College of Nursing and Public Health
Located just 23 miles from New York City, Adelphi is a private university in the midst of one of the most dynamic phases of its 122-year history. With record enrollments, an increasingly diverse student body and faculty, expanding graduate programs and growing financial and administrative strength, Adelphi is being transformed just as it is transforming the lives of its students through its personalized approach to higher education.
Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Adelphi University is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university known for small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success.
With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates around the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is strongly positioned for the future.
The University is a doctorate-granting institution with eight colleges and schools and more than 100 different degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and professional levels.
The Associate Dean for Research serves as the senior research administrator for the College of Nursing and Public Health and is responsible for developing and facilitating innovative, progressive, faculty-led programs of research. The Associate Dean is responsible for ensuring that the research programs and activities of the College are conducted in a creative, efficient, and ethical manner. The Associate Dean for Research reports directly to the Dean of the College of Nursing and Public Health.
REPORTS TO: Dean
Overarching responsibilities include strategic visioning for developing short and long range research initiatives, facilitating team science and strong collaborations across Adelphi University, securing research funding, and collaborating with research oriented faculty. Specific responsibilities include:
• Supports the Dean in general policy and development matters.
• Facilitates scholarly and professional development of all faculty.
• Builds strong intra-and-inter-professional relationships that enhance new and existing research linkages, including between research and teaching faculty, research faculty and clinical practices or hospitals, college and campus, and local and national researchers.
• Oversees CNPH research activities related to outreach and public relations.
• Completes all education grant applications related to college’s programs and seeks new funding for specific programs such as HRSA grants; coordinates with appropriate associate deans, program directors, or faculty.
• Actively participates in PhD Council and PhD Program.
• Integrates college and campus research resources in support of the college’s teaching mission, especially the PhD and DNP programs. Links student interests with faculty projects and funding.
• Expands research partnerships with clinical partners. Develops new academic-clinical research partnerships and promotes translational science and the integration of research activities (e.g., patient recruitment or big data) into clinical practice.
• Continues own professional and scholarly work especially mentoring faculty.
• Assists with interviews of prospective faculty as assigned by Dean to evaluate their research backgrounds and skills.
• Completes an annual report with data related to grants submitted and funded, scholarly activity of faculty, research-related activities.
• Collaborates with Associate and Assistant Deans and Program Directors as needed to carry out duties.
• Participates in the CNPH Dean’s Executive Council.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Dean.
• Research Doctorate.
• Record consistent with appointment as tenured Associate Professor or Professor of Nursing.
• Eligible to obtain RN license in New York.
• Ability to articulate the strategic research priorities of the CNPH to multiple constituencies.
• Research program with successful record of scholarship.
• Active participant in nursing research societies.
• Significant record of research, publications and doctoral level teaching and dissertation committee work.
• Knowledge of national funding opportunities both for research and education.
• Significant grant writing experience both research and education.
• Strong outcomes related to faculty development.
• Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize workload.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Applicants should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references.
• Only electronic submissions on the Adelphi website will be reviewed.
• Review of applications will begin November 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
• Upon further request, please send all professional references to Dr. Wei Liu, Co-chair, CNPH Search Committee at [email protected]
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1330554
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.