The U.S. flu season is just beginning, and can last until May (with peak infections hitting between December and February). While it’s far too early to predict the severity of this year’s flu season in the U.S., physicians are encouraging everyone to vaccinate ahead of the anticipated peak infection times.
The following flu prevention resources from the CDC serve as a guide for healthcare workers, teachers, and concerned parents seeking additional flu-related facts and information.
Remember: stay healthy and stay informed!
Flu Prevention Resources
Flu Vaccination Resources
- Complete Guide to the 2019-2020 Influenza Vaccine
- The Flu Vaccine and Where to Get It
- Senior Flu Shot Finder
- Free and Discounted Flu Shots
- How to Talk to Patients Who Object to the Flu Vaccine
- Flu Shots and Persuasion
Flu Prevention Hygiene Resources
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings
- Hand Hygiene: Why, How & When?
- Proper Hand Hygiene for Infection Prevention
- Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette in Healthcare Settings
- Transmission-Based Precautions | Droplet Precautions
- Does Wearing a Surgical Mask Prevent the Flu?
- Flu mask: Should I wear one?
- How to Disinfect Your House After the Flu
- Five Sneaky Places Germs May be Hiding in Your Home — and How to Clean Them
- 10 Things to Clean After the Flu
- Cleaning after the flu: how to clean after the flu
Institutional Prevention Resources
- Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings
- Guideline on the prevention and control of seasonal influenza in healthcare setting
- Action Steps for Teachers to Prevent the Spread of Flu
- Guidance for School Administrators to Help Reduce the Spread of Seasonal Influenza in K-12 Schools
- How To Clean and Disinfect Schools To Help Slow the Spread of Flu
- Keep Flu Out of School: A Resource Toolkit
- Mentoring the Next Generation of Black Nurse Researchers - June 16, 2022
- The Importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Nursing - May 19, 2022
- Take the 2021 Minority Nurse Salary Survey - April 15, 2021