Director of Nursing – Mental Health
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And we’re growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Heritage Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 26-bed hospital providing acute psychiatric treatment to adults over the age of 18.
DON is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of patient care systems and patient care in nursing areas and departments.
– Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and: four (4) years of experience – two (2) in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field, (2) years of experience and one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
– Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of California is required.
– If employed at Inpatient Program:
– Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
– Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
– Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
– CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid, must receive training within 30 days of employment and remain current on those trainings throughout employment
– All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
– A MSN degree and administrative experience in long term care preferred.
– CPR certification is preferred.
– Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
– Plans, organizes, directs and controls nursing services.
– Develops departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures; and organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; functions in an advisory capacity to the administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of persons served.
– Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement.
– Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments.
– Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility.
– Is available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve travel.
– Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed.
– Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
– Implements the safety program and actively participates in reducing Workers Compensation.
– Establishes standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department.
– Manages the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget.
– Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements.
– Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards. ? Collaborates with leadership team and all department on quality initiatives.
– Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment.
– Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
– Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care.
– Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Department and ensures sound practice.
– Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Nursing Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care.
– Is a member of all committees involving persons served safety, nursing policies, practices and procedures.
– Assumes responsibility for her/his professional growth and the ongoing professional development of the nursing staff.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual.
Apply now by clicking http://apptrkr.com/1091743
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
The Millikin University School of Nursing seeks faculty members to teach in its CCNE-accredited baccalaureate, master’s, and DNP programs.
The qualifications for the tenure-track Assistant Professor positions include:
• Holding a current Registered Professional Nurse (RN) licensure;
• Preparation at the doctoral level with a specialty focus in medical-surgical nursing with a history of scholarly endeavors;
• Demonstrated academic credentials, university teaching experience;
• Experience teaching in graduate and/or undergraduate nursing programs with evidence of strong clinical skills and the ability to facilitate student learning and success;
• Having a minimum of two years of clinical practice experience;
• Demonstration of a strong commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service at the university level; and
• Qualities which advance successful collaboration within the diverse nursing and university programs of the university.
* Tenure-track status requires the terminal doctoral degree. Candidates who hold an MSN will be considered if they commit to enrolling in a doctoral program within 2 years of employment. Millikin University offers the tuition waiver for individuals who hold advanced practice nursing masters’ degrees and choose to enroll in the University’s DNP Program. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the School of Nursing.
Candidates should submit letter of application, current CV, and 3-5 references with contact information to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Lehman is the only four-year public college in the Bronx and is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The college serves mainly undergraduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study. The teaching load is 21 hours (7 courses) per year and although the college is predominantly teaching focused, faculty at Lehman are active in research, scholarship and creative works. Service to the college, university and community is part of the mission as is a clear commitment to student engagement including advisement. Teaching is reduced for junior faculty over the first five years for scholarly development and all faculty are actively encouraged to seek external funding. Opportunities are available for faculty development and travel awards. Lehman College and CUNY internal funding is available through competitive grants for scholarship support
The Department of Nursing at Lehman College is part of the School of Health Sciences, Human Services, and Nursing. The Department of Nursing offers undergraduate and graduate nursing programs to a culturally diverse student body. Our undergraduate nursing program has both a generic program and a registered nurse completion track. Our graduate program currently offers four tracks of specialization: adult health nursing, nursing care of older adults a pediatric nurse practitioner program and a family nurse practitioner program. We also offer post masters certificates in the pediatric nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner programs, and in nursing education and nursing administration. The Department of Nursing’s Strategic Plan incorporates the recommendations of the 2010 Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing Initiatives. We are planning for a Doctorate of Nursing practice and a dual degree program in partnership with our community colleges in the Bronx and Queens within the near future.
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions. The successful applicant will teach in both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
Ph.D., Ed.D. or DNS degree is required on commencement of the appointment. Must have a baccalaureate and or master degree in nursing. Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in New York State at time of appointment. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Experience as a psychiatric nurse is preferred.
Salaries are subject to the Professional Staff Congress-CUNY salary schedule (see link to salary schedule: http://www.psc-cuny.org/contract/psc-cuny-contract-salary-schedule
Salaries are commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: [email protected] If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning August 1, 2017 and continue until a candidate is identified.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Nursing Faculty, Tenure Track
Naugatuck Valley Community College with campuses in Waterbury, CT and Danbury CT, is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. We invite applications for the following anticipated opening:
Full Time Tenure Track 10-month Faculty position starting August 25, 2018:
Nursing Faculty, Open Rank
LOCATION: Waterbury, Danbury or any other assigned location.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Health Sciences and Director of Nursing, the Assistant Professor of Nursing shall teach courses leading to an Associate’s degree in Nursing. Position requires class, lab and clinical teaching. Performance of other duties associated with teaching in a community college is expected. Within applicable contractual provisions, teaching faculty and non-teaching professional staff are committed to the operation of the college five days a week, which may include evenings, Saturdays or Sundays.
MINIMUM SALARY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
All ranks require a Master’s degree in Nursing, current CT R.N. license, and four years college teaching experience, or eight years work –related experience, or a combination of 2 years teaching experience and 4 years work- related experience. Salary information is subject to collective bargaining increase
Assistant Professor – $63,732 annual approximate – see above
Associate Professor – $65,694 annual approximate – depending on background and experience
Professor – $72,981 annual approximate – depending on background and experience
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position. They must also provide appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons
Complete announcement, qualifications, and application instructions are available on the NVCC web site at: http://www.nv.edu (scroll all the way to the bottom and then click on employment opportunities).
We offer excellent medical insurance, retirement and related fringe benefits.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
Naugatuck Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Donna Manning Endowed Faculty Chair for Nursing
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The UMass Lowell Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing is seeking an outstanding leader and researcher for the tenure-track position of the Donna Manning Endowed Chair for Nursing at rank of Professor. The Endowed Faculty Chair will lead research and mentor faculty in the Solomont School of Nursing. The Solomont School of Nursing’s major research focus is health promotion across the lifespan, at the individual, family and population level. Major areas of expertise of current faculty members’ research include: gerontological and geropsychiatric mental health nursing; nursing workforce diversity; health equity in care of the underserved; occupational health; global health; and nursing education.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, in a rejuvenated former mill city, UMass Lowell has experienced dramatic growth in research funding, total endowments, and student enrollment over the past eight years. It is a Carnegie Classification Doctoral University – Higher Research Activity and conducts more than $65 million in sponsored research annually.
The Solomont School of Nursing is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields. Faculty research ranges from the lab bench to clinical interventions and community projects. Research programs with significant funding and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The College is a leader in interprofessional education, research and practice opportunities for faculty and students. Opportunities for research linkages exist with other UMass Lowell Colleges, Research Centers and across the 5-campus UMass system.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• The Endowed Chair is expected to have a record of significant and current external funding
• Consistent publication history in peer-reviewed, high-impact journals
• Graduate teaching experience
• A vision that will help position the School to be prominent on the national stage
• Candidates must have evidence of academic experience in mentoring faculty in the areas of scholarship, research, and teaching
• Candidates must hold an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution
• Be at, or have credentials consistent with, rank of Professor
• The candidate must hold an active RN license and be eligible for a Massachusetts RN license
• 10 or more years in academia
• Leadership on national professional societies
• Editorial board experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, research statement, copy of three recent research publications, research accomplishments and future plan, and a list of all research proposals for the past ten years including the title, agency, funds requested, and abstract to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wfsjhvnt9tmytb7b