The West Virginia University School of Nursing in Morgantown, WV is seeking an accomplished Associate Dean for Academics to lead and administer the development, implementation and evaluation of outstanding academic nursing programs. Programs in the School of Nursing are located on multiple campuses including Morgantown, Charleston and Montgomery, WV.
To be considered, the candidate must have a doctoral degree in nursing or a doctorate in education with a master’s in nursing, including experience in nursing curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation processes. The successful candidate will demonstrate organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills including the ability to lead others and communicate a vision. The ideal candidate must have effective negotiation as well as excellent writing skills and must have knowledge of nursing accreditation and state boards of nursing. She or he will demonstrate leadership in clinical and classroom settings and must have a minimum of eight years as a full time faculty member in a school or college of nursing. The candidate must be qualified for appointment at the associate or full professor rank with consideration for tenure. The position is a full time, 12-month appointment. Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major responsibilities include:
Assume a leadership role in academic programs and committee responsibilities.
• Oversee academic policies for the School of Nursing
• Promote and advance the nursing profession locally, nationally, or internationally.
• Oversee the recruitment and retention of qualified students to all academic programs.
• Oversee academic advisement and student progression
• Develop and maintain clinical contracts
• Coordinate course schedules with department chairs
• Supervise all program directors (BSN, MSN/ DNP, PhD), Director of Evaluation, Director of Nursing Clinical Simulation, Coordinator of Honors Program, Coordinator of International Programs, Academic Counseling Coordinator.
• Monitor admission, progression and graduation policies.
• Oversee Office of Student Services
• Lead and oversee operations that support the programs of instruction
• Serve as a role model for innovation, collaboration, and consensus-building
• Lead and manage accreditation and regulatory requirements of academic programs.
• Create academic reports such as for: accreditation, the state board of nursing, and board of trustees
• Represent the school of nursing on university committees and task forces related to academic issues
• Address student concerns regarding curriculum
• Provide for faculty development in the area of curriculum, assessment, and pedagogy
• Provide educational consultation to faculty regarding the development of courses
• Collaborate with Department Chairs
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of faculty
• Seek funding opportunities for academic programs
• Represent the School of Nursing on University and Health Sciences Center academic committees where most beneficial to the School.
• Completion of other duties as assigned by the Dean
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF NURSING Nursing Program Accreditation
The School received a full 10-year, accreditation from CCNE for the baccalaureate and masters’ programs in April, 1999. In April 2009, the School received another full 10-year re- accreditation for the baccalaureate and masters’ programs, with all standards met and no areas of concern. This accreditation also applies to the WVU School of Nursing programs offered at the Charleston Division, and at West Virginia Institute of Technology. West Virginia University School of Nursing was also in the initial accreditation cycle for the new Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, receiving a full 5-year accreditation with all standards met and no areas of concern. In
2014, the School received another full 10-year re-accreditation for the DNP program, with all standards met and no areas of concern. Our Morgantown BSN NCLEX pass rate for 2015 is 93% and our FNP certification pass rate is 96% and PNP certification pass rate is 100%. At the West Virginia University School of Nursing, we are committed to the values of Integrity, Excellence, and Inclusiveness.
Academic Nursing Programs
• Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
• RN to BSN Program for Registered Nurses
• BS/BA to BSN Program
• RN to MSN Program for Registered Nurses
• Post MSN Certificate Programs
• Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program (BSN-DNP option)
• PhD in Nursing Program
Applications: Candidates must submit a letter of application; curriculum vitae; and the name, address, and telephone number of at least three professional references. The position will remain open until filled. Application materials should be submitted to:
Jan Greenwood or Kelly Ervin
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Center Drive, Suite 206, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Phone: 850.650.2277 ▼ Fax: 850.650.2272
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Under- represented class members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. West Virginia University is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Save Lives! Gift of Hope Organ is looking for critical care nurses to work nights (with shift differential) who want to expand and advance their clinical skills. Be a part of a small, innovative team of self-reliant professionals dedicated to saving and enhancing the lives of others. As an organ recovery coordinator you will evaluate, medically manage, and coordinate the surgical recovery of organs from deceased organ donors. Our coordinators work autonomously:
o Conducting timely and accurate evaluations of potential organ donors
o Medically managing the organ donor to maintain hemodynamic stability and increasing the viability of the organs for transplant
o Performing surgical cutdowns
o Placing arterial and central lines in brain dead organ donors (and much more)
You must be a registered nurse with two years of critical care experience and currently working in a critical care setting.
The George Washington University (GW) School of Nursing invites applications for a Director to provide academic leadership and supervision for the new PMHNP Program. This is a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor faculty position, tenure track, to begin as early as January 2017. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Director of the PMHNP Program is expected to:
• to develop, approve, implement, and evaluate courses in the PMHNP track;
• to participate in student recruitment, admissions, and advisement;
• to teach courses in her/his area of expertise;
• to assure clinical affiliation agreements are in place for PMHNP students;
• to forecast student enrollments;
• to track academic progression of students in the program, providing appropriate support and guidance as needed;
• to assist in the recruitment and selection of program faculty;
• to monitors compliance with program accreditation/certification standards
• and to perform any additional duties that may occur as this position evolves.
Applicants must have: (1) a Doctorate in nursing, education, public health or related field; (2) relevant NP certification; (3) eligibility for unencumbered nursing license in DC and/or VA; (4) experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students; (5) NP experience in psych/mental health; (6) demonstrated use of and commitment to technology and web-based teaching and (7) an established/developing body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or funded grants in the area.
To apply, please complete the online application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/36155. Please upload the following: (1) a cover letter outlining qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, (2) a CV, (3) two recent teaching evaluations, (4) copies of two key publications and (5) contact information for 3 references. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, GW School of Nursing, 2030 M Street NW #300, Washington, DC 20036. Review of applications will begin on August 27, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Psychiatric RN Supervisor
Job Reference #: 3011
Become part of a multi-disciplinary team that provides integrated medical and behavioral services using an innovative patient-centered, outcome-based recovery model of care! Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a Registered Nurse Manager for our Outpatient and Methadone Clinics in Mohave County at three locations: Kingman, Lake Havasu, and Bullhead City. Nursing services are provided on weekdays with occasional weekend coverage as needed to fill in for regular nursing staff. Position has some flexibility in hours. After hours phone on-call coverage is required.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health Services for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
As an RN Manager with SBH, you will provide clinical oversight to the nursing and medical support staff in Mohave County for outpatient, residential and opioid recovery services clinics. In addition, you will oversee and maintain medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. You will also work with psychiatrists in monitoring medications and coordinate medical care with psychiatrist, PCP, and nursing and medical support staff.
Ask about a sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement opportunities!
Required to be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona. Post-degree experience of two years is required. 2 years in the area of psychiatric nursing is strongly preferred. 1 year of supervisory experience is required. Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply today at: http://jobs.sbhservices.org/#
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 602-525-6631
Psychiatric RN – Outpatient Clinics, Inpatient and Residential Sites
Become part of a multi-disciplinary team that provides integrated medical and behavioral services using an innovative patient-centered, outcome-based recovery model of care! Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for Registered Nurses for our outpatient, residential and substance abuse clinics in Phoenix. Nursing services are provided on weekdays with occasional weekend coverage as needed to fill-in for regular nursing staff. Position has some flexibility in hours.
Seize this great opportunity to work with strengths-based professionals in an innovative setting! Join Southwest Behavioral & Health Services for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
As part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team, the Psychiatric RN performs nursing assessments, accepts/executes medication orders from physicians, and oversees/maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. This role also works with psychiatrists and primary care professionals to monitor medications, coordinates medical care with psychiatrist and PCP, and supervises clinical staff. Other job responsibilities can include and are not limited to…
• Contacts provider regarding service participant care as needed.
• Completes a nursing assessment for specific service participants annually or more often as needed.
• Obtains and attaches service participant identification.
• Works closely with program coordinator on treatment and discharge planning.
• Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of service participants for medical care.
• Manages and monitors care of service participants.
• Oversees and maintains medication records.
• Takes leadership role in management of service participant treatment.
• Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
• Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
• Conduct med education and other wellness groups.
• Provide trainings to staff and clients on relevant issues.
• Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona (Compact states recognized).
• Two years of psychiatric nursing experience along with a medical nursing background preferred.
• Will consider newly graduated nursing students with current RN license.
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply online at: http://jobs.sbhservices.org/#