Nurses will always be valuable members of any health care team, regardless of their educational backgrounds. Yet, the baccalaureate and master’s degrees in nursing may offer the most professional opportunities.
That’s why Minority Nurse offers an annual scholarship to help outstanding nurses of color complete their studies toward a Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. To date, we have awarded more than 40 students over $35,000 in scholarships, honoring their commitment to the profession, academic excellence, and community service.
We are currently accepting applications for our 14th annual scholarship competition, consisting of two $1,000 awards and one $3,000 award. Scholarships will be paid in summer 2013 for the fall 2013 academic term.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Is Eligible
(Please read carefully. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.)
To apply for this scholarship, students must meet all four of the following criteria:
- Be a racial or ethnic minority
- Be enrolled (as of September 2013) in either the third or fourth year of an accredited B.S.N. program in the United States OR an accelerated program leading to a B.S.N. degree (such as R.N.-to-B.S.N. or B.A.-to-B.S.N.) OR an accelerated master’s entry program in nursing for students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than nursing (such as B.A.-to-M.S.N.). Graduate students who already have a bachelor’s degree in nursing are not eligible.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
(Please read carefully. Applications that do not include the required documentation will be disqualified.)
Complete and return this form along with all three of the following documents:
- Transcript or other proof of GPA
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member outlining academic achievement
- A brief (250-word) written statement summarizing your academic and personal accomplishments, community service, and goals for your future nursing career
Important: An English translation must be provided for any documentation that is not in English.
Minority Nurse will award one $3,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships in 2013. Selections will be made by the editors of the magazine. Scholarships will be paid in summer 2013. Minority Nurse reserves the right to verify community service and financial need.
Deadline for application: February 1, 2013
Return application form and documentation to: Minority Nurse Magazine Scholarship,Attn: Megan Hughes Springer Publishing Company 11 West 42nd St, 15th Fl New York, NY 10036
Latest posts by Minority Nurse Staff (see all)
- Providing Cultural Competency Training for Your Nursing Staff - February 15, 2016
- Cultural Competence from the Patient’s Perspective - February 11, 2016
- Careers in Nephrology Nursing - February 10, 2016