Vista Community Clinic
Looking for the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) possesses clinical expertise in care related to diabetes management and other chronic diseases.
Responsibilities include population health management of diabetes population, would be working with a team to develop strategies for DM population. Educating staff and manage diabetic classes for patients. Patient Care in primary practice clinic setting.
- Provide outpatient diabetes and self-management training and education type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetic patients. Education includes, but is not limited to, signs/symptoms and respective treatments for hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, DKA HHNK, and sick day therapies
- Plan, develop, and implement individual and group diabetes education for adults ,pediatrics, and their families and caregivers
- Train and educate staff in diabetes and health clinical procedures
- 2 years experience working with diabetes patients
- Certified Diabetes Educator including 1,000 hours of diabetes self management education required to come certified diabetes educator
- Certified by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (DSME)
- Minimum of 15 hours of continuing education coursework in classes related to diabetes treatment and care
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to travel between sites for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual English / Spanish