Virginia Commonwealth University - VCU
Director, Clinical Learning Center (F59920)
This 12-month term (non-tenure-track) faculty position will: lead the integration of simulation throughout the academic programs of the School and will lead new initiatives to facilitate recognition as a national model in the use of simulation. The Director will also expand the collaborative efforts throughout the academic health sciences center. As a full time faculty member with 50% effort as the Director of the Clinical Learning Center, she/he should have research interests in simulation that complement and expand existing expertise in the School. This faculty member will also support the School with teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels. The Director reports directly to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia.
- Doctoral degree, research or clinical practice focused.
- At least one graduate degree in Nursing.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a clinical educator, including development and use of clinical simulation.
- Evidence of leadership in implementing innovation and technology.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate complex systems and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level in Nursing.
- Evidence of effective supervision of staff.
- Record of internal or external funding or proposal submissions to obtain funding.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification.
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) certification.
- Experience in program grant development and management.
- Direct the Clinical Learning Center, including fiscal accountability.
- Manage the Center’s personnel.
- Demonstrate annual achievements in performance consistent with rank.
- Lead curricular integration of state-of-the-art instructional technologies/simulation throughout the academic programs of the School and with IPE initiatives.
- Design and implement educational programs for faculty development in use of clinical simulation and innovations in clinical education.
- Teach in undergraduate and/or graduate programs.
- Seek grant funding to support innovative simulation initiatives.
- Demonstrate scholarship in the area of simulation and/or clinical learning.
- Serve as the School of Nursing expert for simulation within the academic health sciences campus and with nursing education/service colleagues at the state and national levels.
- Serve on School of Nursing and University committees and Professional Organizations, as appropriate.
Please apply for this position at https://www.vcujobs.com.
For questions regarding this position, please reach out to LaToya Blizzard, Executive Coordinator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, or [email protected].
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.