Virginia Commonwealth University - VCU
Chair, Department of Family and Community Health Nursing (F31340)
This is a full-time, tenure-eligible faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. This position serves as the Chair of the Family and Community Health Nursing department in the School of Nursing. The candidate must have demonstrated administrative or leadership experience with a community of scholars.
• Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field, with at least one graduate degree in nursing consistent with the department specialty foci.
• Currently licensed or eligible for licensure to practice nursing in Virginia.
• Sustained history of externally funded research including, but not limited to NIH funding.
• A record of publications in top tiered journals in nursing and related disciplines.
• Teaching and administrative experience in baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities including skill in collaborating with a community of scholars.
• Outstanding mentoring and collaboration skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
• Nurse practitioner licensure.
• Qualifications and experience to meet criteria at our institution for appointment at the rank of Professor.
• Demonstrate commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest for Distinction (future.vcu.edu/).
• Demonstrate an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, research, and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center.
• Contribute to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars.
• Mentor faculty for development of programs of research, excellence in teaching, and appropriate academic and professional service.
• Represent the department within the School of Nursing.
• Establish goals for department and ensures goal achievement.
• Ensure adequate orientation for new faculty and staff assigned to the department.
• Assist with the recruitment and retention of qualified and diverse faculty and staff.
• Collaborate with the Program Directors for teaching assignments and ensuring adequate course coverage.
• Assign faculty workload based on faculty workload document and individual faculty priorities.
• Evaluate staff and full-time faculty within department.
• Ensure opportunities for faculty and staff development.
• Foster positive internal environment, work relationships, interpersonal communication, collaboration, and consensus building within the department and across the organization.
• Address faculty and staff issues within the department.
• Maintain personal academic faculty obligations in teaching, research, and service in accordance with area of expertise and as negotiated by Dean.
• Manage department resources.
• Interface with external constituents (university or community) as assigned.
• Provide leadership in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation across programs.
• Engage faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU.
Please apply for this position at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/54987.
For questions regarding this positon, please reach out to LaToya Blizzard, Executive Coordinator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, or email@example.com.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5zs5r84g4p