Website University of Virginia School of Nursing
It’s a new era at UVA. And never has there been a better time to join the institution known for its unique approach to clinician resilience and education, its devoted interprofessional focus, and a place that’s fiercely proud of its diversity, inclusivity, and healthy work environment. We seek nursing faculty interested in joining our vibrant school who are, with us, deeply committed to developing a community that is collaborative, respectful, and considers diversity to be a key part of our excellence. For faculty positions, we offer generous salaries, benefits, start-up packages, reimbursement for moving expenses, and joint appointments.
Opportunities for Exceptional Nurse Scientists:
• Betty Norman Norris Endowed Professor: A distinctive opportunity that will support the work of an eminent nurse scientist inspired by interprofessional education and collaborative practice as co-director of UVA’s interprofessional hub, the Center for ASPIRE (position #0621779).
• Established Researcher specializing in Acute-Care Pediatrics: We seek pediatric scholars with established programs of research and a commitment to external funding with exceptional teaching and mentoring skills. An APRN certification is highly desirable. Endowed Chairs are available for highly qualified candidates (position #0621752).
• Established Researchers specializing in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing or Health Disparities: For individuals with a commitment to mental health nursing or health disparities, and with an established track record of external funding. A PMHNP certification is required for the Psych-Mental Health position. This is an opportunity for experienced faculty researchers, with exceptional teaching and mentoring skills, to join a vibrant nursing community. Endowed Chairs are available for highly qualified candidates (position #0621877).
• General Track Faculty Positions—Family Nurse Practitioners or Mental Health Nurse Practitioners: We seek general track faculty with a terminal degree (PhD or DNP) who have strong clinical, teaching, and mentoring experience and who are certified Family Nurse Practitioners or Mental Health Nurse Practitioners. The most successful applicants will have demonstrated leadership abilities and previous experience in an academic setting (position #0621906).
Questions? Contact Dr. Barbra Mann Wall, search committee chair: 434-982-3286 or [email protected]
Be supported as you develop your career as a nurse scientist!
• Research Associate—Strategic Investment Fund (SIF): Unique in scope and primed for interdisciplinary scholarship, this two-year post-doctoral research associate position is designed for an emerging scholar committed to a career in the field of Pediatric, Neonatal, Maternal-Child, or Family Health Research. Funded by a UVA SIF grant, “Small Patients, Great Challenges,” this post-doctoral research associate will join an existing principal investigator and work to transform clinical research, education and practice teams. Initial appointment is for a year with a possible extension based on job performance (position #0621849). jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82928
• Research Associate—Compassionate Care Initiative (CCI): Working with UVA Nursing’s signature initiative, the Compassionate Care Initiative, this fully-funded one to two-year position is designed for a developing scholar committed to research in the fields of nursing, public health, and medicine, with an opportunity for extension. The CCI’s post-doc will develop and manage a database of findings for ongoing work focused on compassionate care, resilience, stress, and burnout, and will collaborate with UVA scholars to develop manuscripts and research support for ongoing studies with primary investigators (position #0621133).
• Research Associate—Rice Interdisciplinary Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Nursing & Healthcare History: For a developing nurse historian, the Rice Fellowship supports scholars studying the broad history of nursing and healthcare with a special appreciation for the nexus of conflict, religion, social values and care. Projects might integrate science and compassion, how nurses and other health care professionals historically transform care in conflict environments, the changing cultural and historical contexts of values toward care, gender-based violence and narratives of conflict and resolution. With time and resources to conduct research, this post-doctoral fellow will ultimately create a piece of scholarly work and progress toward a book or another equally substantial form of scholarship (position #0620951).
Questions? Contact Ms. Susan Loving, Human Resources Generalist: 434-924-8792 or [email protected]
Visit our website for additional information about UVA School of Nursing: nursing.virginia.edu
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Women, men, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.