Department: School of Nursing
Provides managerial oversight and coordination of the undergraduate degree programs in the School of Nursing (SON). Assists SON leadership in the preparation of the SON course schedule, securing of clinical placements, and management of issues related to student policies, records, performance and admissions. Provides administrative oversight for operations and activities of the Nursing Resources Lab. Provides administrative and management support for academic programs. Participates in data collection and analysis for required reports to both internal and external constituencies. Supervises assigned personnel. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Eligible for an active, unrestricted Ohio nursing license.
- Five years’ experience in nursing clinical practice or management.
- Experience with counseling students, especially those experiencing difficulties with their academic performance.
- Knowledge of professional, state, federal and local regulatory and accreditation standards for nursing programs.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- PC proficiency and ability to use computer-based scheduling systems.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of constituencies.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to establish driver eligibility under the University’s Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Experience with nursing curriculum development.
- Three to five years experience in academic nursing administration.
- Experience teaching in a baccalaureate nursing program.
- Experience using Blackboard CMS, FileMaker Pro and PeopleSoft.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Have you seen what’s happening at CSU lately? Exciting new programs, new buildings, more national recognition and even more focus on helping our students succeed. Come and see why Cleveland State University won a NorthCoast 99 “Best Place to Work,” award for 2010 and 2011 and offers an excellent work/life balance. Here you’ll find the spirit of a growing urban university as well as extraordinary benefits including free undergraduate tuition for yourself and your dependents. We also provide attractive and affordable health plan choices with dental, vision, life insurance and disability coverage. Even some part-time positions are eligible for health coverage as well.
To apply or to obtain more information about working at CSU and all of the benefits we provide, please visit us online at:
Cleveland State University is an AA/EOE committed to nondiscrimination. M/F/D/V encouraged.