GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the general direction of the Dean of Professional Studies, provides academic and administrative leadership of the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing education programs. Responsible for managing the overall operation of the ADN and LPN programs and supervising the activities of the faculty and staff including, but not limited to, recruiting, orientating, training, directing and evaluating department members; contributes to the development of a credit-bearing CNA program that creates a career pipeline; and performs other duties as assigned.
Greenfield Community College (GCC) is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,400 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women’s Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College’s largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
– Master’s Degree in Nursing, unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license;
– Minimum five years of full-time clinical experience or its equivalent within the last eight years, with at least three years experience in nursing education;
– Experience in working with nursing accreditation and state regulatory agencies; strong interpersonal skills;
– Experience in working with other healthcare professionals and the health care industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
– Strong administrative skills and computer proficiency;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills;
– Knowledge and use of program outcome assessment measures;
– Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
– Demonstrated successful community college teaching experience;
– Experience with curriculum development and/or test item writing;
– Experience in supervising unionized faculty in an academic or clinical setting;
– Demonstrated experience in implementing cultural competence standards in curriculum of nursing education programs;
– Experience in evaluating nursing programs and recommending changes where needed;
– Experience in securing and administering grants.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Director will be charged with increasing collaboration between the Associate Degree Nursing Program and the Practical Nursing Certificate Program and working toward the goal of bringing both programs directly under a single administrative umbrella.
Greenfield Community College requires that all cover letters, resumes and contact information for 5 professional references be submitted online at http://web.gcc.mass.edu/hr/careers/apply. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Applications must be submitted via our online application system by November 9, 2012.
Additional applications WILL be considered until the position is filled.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,
staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ***
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES