Term Faculty, Nursing
This 12-month term (non-tenure-track) faculty position will contribute to curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; teach in graduate or undergraduate areas; make ongoing scholarly contributions to nursing science, including the incorporation of evidence-based practice into teaching and clinical activities and the publication of manuscripts; and maintain a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession, and community. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field
- Experience in a practice role
- Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
- Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Virginia
- Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
- Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest for Distinction (www.future.vcu.edu/)
- Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
- Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching in classroom or clinical settings
- Contributes to curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
- Maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence to practice, presentations or manuscript publications.
- Mentors faculty and students in development and/or application of scholarly programs
- Maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community
- Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
Apply: Please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Tedra Baskerville, Human Resources Coordinator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/facjobs/searchunit.asp?Item=Nursing.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, co or, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.