“Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest Property and Casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Commercial Insurance is currently searching for a Telephonic Medical & Disability Registered Nurse Case Manager. This position requires interaction with physicians, other medical providers, injured employees and employers. By providing nurse case management services for workers compensation claims, you will strategize with claim professionals to assess and manage medical and disability exposure and return to work opportunities.
- Consideration for a Senior Nurse Case Manager position will be made based on experience level.
- The position is office based and you will have the option to work out of either our Orange, Aliso Viejo, or Glendale CA location.
- Effectively manage assigned caseload of medical/disability cases within company and regulatory guidelines.
- Communication with claimants, medical professionals, claims staff and others to obtain information necessary to make sound medical decisions. In addition, responds to various written, telephone and/or in-person inquiries regarding status of case.
- Completes initial case evaluation by assessing injury/disability severity, treatment plans, functional abilities and physical job requirements and then establishes case-specific target return-to-work (RTW) dates.
- Degree from an accredited nursing school required, Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred
- Current unrestricted registered nurse (R.N.) license in the state where the position is based and other assigned states as required by law
- 5+ Years clinical nurse experience with a preference for previous insurance nurse case management, orthopedic, emergency room, critical care, home care or rehab care experience
- Preferably holds one of the following certifications; CCM, CDMS, CRRN or COHN
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with injured employees, medical professionals, employers, claims staff and others
- Good negotiation skills to successfully establish target return to work dates and manage medical and disability treatment plans
- Proficient in basic computer skills, especially Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Comfortable in a professional business environment
- Bilingual is a plus
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.
Responsibility. What’s your policy?