Paul D. Camp Community College
Teaching Faculty in Nursing
POSITION NUMBER: F0026
Full-Time 9-month Position With Benefits
CAMPUS: Franklin Campus
START DATE: August 16, 2014
Paul D. Camp Community College is a small 2-year college in southeast Virginia with campuses in Franklin and Suffolk, and a center in Smithfield. The college offers associate degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates in transfer and career/technical programs. The College also offers workforce development services, specialized regional and community service programs, continuing education, a dual enrollment program for high schools students, and developmental studies. The College is seeking an instructor or assistant professor of Nursing in the Division of Nursing and Allied Health.
The major emphasis is on teaching, by working with students in classrooms, laboratories, clinical sites, individual conferences, and related activities to help the students develop their interests and abilities to the fullest capacity to become better persons, better workers and better citizens. The Faculty Member will instruct 12-15 credit hours and 15-20 contact hours per semester. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, distance learning, online, and hybrid courses throughout the college service region.
Faculty responsibilities also include:
- Advising students in their career goals, class schedules, and program completion requirements
- 10 office hours per week
- Assisting with curriculum development and revision
- Assessment of student learning
- Service on college, community and professional committees
- Professional activities and professional development
- Support of student activities
- Support of the College’s mission in the community at large, and assisting with marketing, outreach and recruitment of students to the College’s programs
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Nursing
- Current Virginia RN licensure
- 2 years of teaching or related nursing occupational experience
- Strong commitment to teaching, the nursing profession, and active team participation
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Technology skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Blackboard or other distance learning software, and software specific to the discipline. Candidates should possess sufficient technology skills to work productively in an organization that utilizes significant information and instructional technology resources
- Commitment to competency-based instruction
- Commitment to student recruitment and advising of students in their career goals, class schedules and degree completion requirements
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including non-traditional and at-risk students
- Commitment to curriculum revision, development, and assessment of student learning
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the community college mission
- 3+ years of related nursing occupational experience
- Previous experience teaching at a Community College or University level
- Experience applying innovative technology to teaching and learning
- Experience in assessing student learning
Applicants with sound professional nursing teaching and clinical experiences in medical/surgical nursing and/or psychiatric nursing are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated salary range for 9-month teaching contract is between $40,061 and $58,088. Actual salary will be determined based on academic qualifications and experience with consideration for internal alignment factors. The College offers an excellent benefits package.
For consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position, a current resume, unofficial copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate degrees, any other relevant coursework or certifications, and a completed Commonwealth of Virginia Application for Employment.
Application packets submitted online to the Virginia Jobs website by going to https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov.
However, they can also be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 757-569-6795, or mailed to Paul D. Camp Community College, 100 N. College Drive Franklin, VA 23851, Attention Human Resources.
E-mail attachments are accepted only in uncompressed MS Word or Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file formats.
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted with the application; however, no offer of employment will be made prior to official transcripts being provided to the college.
In addition, all PDCCC positions require satisfactory completion of background checks prior to employment.
PDCCC is an EEO/AA and e-verify employer.
This vacancy is open until filled.
Paul D. Camp Community College
100 N. College Drive
Franklin, VA 23851