We are seeking an experienced mission-oriented Site Director for our largest out-patient clinic located at 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA. The clinic includes 8 examining rooms for primary care and 4 for behavioral health, plus programs and services that include podiatry, optometry, diabetes care, HIV care, specialized services for transgender patients, a women’s health initiative, and a suboxone program. The clinic is a national model that has more than 15,000 patient visits each year.
The ideal candidate will be a clinical (RN, NP, PA, MSW) professional with both administrative and clinical skills, as well as demonstrated leadership capabilities. Nursing is the preferred discipline, but administrative leadership skills coupled with a strong clinical background is most paramount. The Site Director is responsible for managing the daily operation of clinic, as well as planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory guidelines and professional practice standards. This is done through management of human, fiscal and other resources and professional collaborative relationships.
- Oversight of clinical operations, including direct care and nursing case management activities
- Development of policies and procedures for clinical operations in conjunction with the Medical Director
- Developing and sustaining an environment that supports excellence in clinical practice
- Serving as a resource/mentor to staff regarding professional development, encouraging continuing education, and individual learning opportunities as appropriate
- Oversight of the Patient Centered Medical Homes PCMH initiative
- License and or certified to practice in Massachusetts required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible nursing experience; leadership experience with demonstrated management ability required
- Understanding of substance abuse and behavioral health issues
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. Computer proficiency including the ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required
- Experience in ambulatory care strongly preferred
- Experience working with clients with medical, mental health and substance abuse issues
Since its founding in 1985, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) has been guided by a simple but compelling mission – To provide and assure access to the highest quality health care for Boston’s homeless men, women, and children. Our program makes care easily accessible by locating clinics in homeless shelters and soup kitchens as well as in two hospital-based clinics located on the campuses of Massachusetts General Hospital and Boston Medical Center.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Jean Yawkey Place, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Site Director Search. Or, mail to: BHCHP, 780 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118. An Equal Opportunity Employer.