This position has been filled
The Simulation Coordinator will interact with and be responsible for the simulation technology (low to high fidelity patient simulators). The Simulation Coordinator will develop and implement scenarios for the Nursing Department/Health Sciences Division, instruct and evaluate students’ remediation, identify opportunities for improvement and innovation for the integration of simulation technology into the nursing & health sciences programs, and develop and deliver training opportunities for faculty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design, development and instruction of clinical simulation opportunities in the Nursing Department and Health Sciences Division
- Collaborate to assist in the development of simulation scenarios to meet the needs of the students
- Develop on-going training opportunities for faculty regarding simulation
- Develop strategies to enhance simulation programs and opportunities for outside facilities to utilize the simulation equipment (business opportunities)
- Coordinate and maintain the simulation equipment at all the campus laboratories
- Develop and run the simulation activities with the nursing faculty to simulate clinical experiences and remediate students.
- Develop and implement standards for simulation
- Track the numbers of students and hours of participation in simulation
- Evaluate simulation effectiveness and collect and report data relevant to student outcomes
- Orient new faculty to simulation
- Be willing to travel to multi-campus locations as required by department needs.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required
- Current unencumbered licensure in Rhode Island as an R.N. required
- Recent experience in simulation strongly recommended
- Able to work a flexible schedule required
- Excellent computer, writing and verbal communication skills required
- Finalists will be required to provide at least three (3) letters of reference and official college transcripts.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Must have a working knowledge of a wide variety of audiovisual and computer hardware and software. Must be able to use and demonstrate the safe use of laboratory equipment and supplies. Must maintain the sanitary condition of laboratory equipment and supplies. Must be able to lift and/or move assorted pieces of laboratory equipment, and audiovisual and computer hardware. Position’s duties may require travel to one or more of the College’s campuses and facilities.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Nursing Department Laboratory (Health Sciences Division)
Initially located at the Flanagan Campus, Lincoln, RI
Nursing Department Chair
Salary range begins at $44,162
Hiring salary commensurate with education and experience
Non-Standard;35 hours per week; Monday – Friday
8am-4pm; Occasional evenings may be required
APPLICATION PERIOD: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please go to CCRI’s online recruitment site at https://jobs.ccri.edu and complete the online application. In addition to the application, a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references must be attached at the end of the application. Finalists will be required to provide official college transcript(s).
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be received by April 30, 2013.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Diversity Employer.
Any individual with a disability who requires assistance in the application process should contact CCRI at (401) 825-2311 prior to the close of the application period. TTY: (401) 825-2313.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.