Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is a proud member of the WellPoint family of companies. At Anthem, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Responsible for Patient Centered Care (PC2) program implementation focusing on partnering and building relationships with providers and their office staff to support providers & PC2 care teams engagement in care management transformation.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Travel throughout designated territory to meet with medical groups, providers and PCP care team to discuss PC2 Care management transformation and support those practices that would benefit most from care planning/care coordination activities.
- Serves as the clinical point of contact for the PC2 care team by facilitating bi-directional communication with our internal care management teams for the management of high risk members
- Trains providers & Clinical Coordinators on care management tools to improve adoption of the program within the practice.
- Conducts clinical review meetings with physicians, office staff and internal staff.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for primary care practices on all Anthem Care Management programs for all lines of business and care management programs (i.e. CM, DM, Senior, Nurse Line).
- Partners with case/disease management departments to facilitate clinical processes between the company and provider offices Serves as a liaison with state / region provider contracting account managers and other associates.
- Requires a current unrestricted nursing license; a BA/BS; 5 years of care management experience (provider or health plan setting required); knowledge of managed care programs.
- Ability to develop long term relationships, ability to consult with medical groups of all sizes and develop joint action plans.
- Experience with giving group presentation/training.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and persuasion
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE