Job #: 1572
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Department: 2 RAMAGE – SUB ACUTE PHYSICAL REHAB
Job Type: Nurses/CNA’s/Homemakers
24hrs/wk – Every Other Weekend
Day Shift: 6:45am – 3:15pm
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, the RN is responsible for providing professional nursing care for assigned patients. Manages charge responsibility of nursing unit and assumes responsibility for the delivery of care to all residents on the unit. Practices Evidence-Based nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assumes the professional responsibility and accountability for a group of residents/patients including:
a. Medication/Treatment Administration
c. Supervision of all nursing staff to assure implementation
of the interdisciplinary care plan.
2. Performs ongoing and systematic assessments utilizing the nursing process to establish a comprehensive goal directed interdisciplinary plan.
3. Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure that treatment is appropriate to meet the age, needs and abilities of resident/patient and unit needs.
4. Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner as required by regulation & facility policy & procedure.
5. Supervises the care provided by CNAs & LPNs assuring adherence to the plan of care, resident profile, policies and procedures.
6. Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge. Attends all annual mandatory programs.
7. Participates in quality improvement activities as directed
8. Follows standards of the Diligent Minimal Lift Program
9. Performs other duties as required.
Min. Requirements: RN License in the state of CT.
Minimum 1 year recent working experience (Acute Care and/or hospital/LTC experience is required)