Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Initiate accurate and ongoing assessment of physical, psychological and social problems of assigned patients. Obtain subjective and objective data through history taking, physical examination, review of records and communication with patient, significant others, and caretakers, as appropriate. Use assessment techniques and criteria that are pertinent to the patient’s age-specific physical, psychological, and social needs. Identify nursing diagnoses/ patient care needs.
• Implement plan of care for the patient based on assessment data, nursing diagnoses/potential complications, physician orders. Safely and properly administer medications, treatments, procedures, and dressings.
• Evaluate and document patient’s response to interventions and changes in patient’s condition. Notify appropriate nursing and medical staff to changes in the patient’s status. Revise plan of care as appropriate, in collaboration with the physicians and other health care providers.
• Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and assist others with patient’s activities and care.
• Prepare, explain and educate patients and family members on examinations, treatments, procedures. Assess patient’s understanding of and compliance with instructions and health care teaching
• Perform or assist others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
• Maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
• Comply with safety practices that protect patients and health care providers.
• Assist patients and their significant others in identifying and securing appropriate services available to address health-related needs; social service consultation, home care services, case management consultation, mandatory reporting.
• Assign tasks or delegate care based on the needs of the patient and the knowledge and skill of the provider selected; Make appropriate delegation to less experienced RNs and CNAs.
• Help to transport, lift, move and position patients.
• Other duties as assigned/required.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current Colorado Registered Nurse licensure required. One year of medical/surgical or LTAC nursing experience required.
BLS required at hire. ACLS, and PALS required within 91 days of hire.