Open Door is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for its Family Medical Centers in Mount Kisco, NY. The RN will promote and restore patient’s health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to provide comprehensive quality care and support to patients and family. He/she will lead cross-functional care teams. The Registered Nurse will report to the Practice Administrator and will be based in Mount Kisco, NY.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Promote patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, and their family to understand their condition, medications, and self-care skills goals, and effectively working with patients across the age spectrum from pediatric to geriatrics.
- Review patient record one day prior to scheduled visit to assure chart preparedness, including the availability of age-specific forms, laboratory orders, and any follow-up clinical information necessary to ensure the Center’s quality standards.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, environment of care protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Update the practice management information system with all necessary clinical information for each patient prior to close of business.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Participate in multi-discipline team conferences and mandated in-service training programs.
- Bachelor Degree in nursing
- Current Registered Nurse License in NYS
- Minimum two (2) years progressive clinical experience required.
- Knowledgeable of the nursing process and nursing practice
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
- Focused on and embracing collaborative team-based care
- Highly organized, and self-directed, able to multi-task
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Flexible and solutions driven.
- Responsive and comfortable working in the fast paced high accountability environment
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands residents of Westchester and Putnam counties, Open Door offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance depending on schedule. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care.
At Open Door, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients in the health of our communities of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please follow the link below to complete the online application and upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Open Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.