WellPoint is one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At WellPoint, we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions. Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
Provider Clinical Liasion, RN
Responsible for the Enhanced Personal Health Care program implementation focusing on partnering and building relationships with providers and their office staff to support providers & Enhanced Personal Health Careteams engagement in care management transformation.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- This is a work-from-home position; travel periodically (once or twice a month) throughout designated territory (New York territory includes primarily Mid Hudson, NYC, and Long Island area. Secondary territory includes upstate/Albany area) where you will meet with large medical groups (ACO’s) to discuss Enhanced Personal Care management transformation and support those practices.
- Serves as the clinical point of contact for the Enhanced Personal Health Care team by facilitating bi-directional communication with our internal care management teams for the management of high risk members
- Educate providers & Clinical Coordinators on care management tools to improve adoption of the program within the practice.
- Conducts clinical review meetings with providers, physicians, and clinical staff.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for providers on all Empire Care Management programs for all lines of business and care management programs (i.e. CM, DM, Senior, Nurse Line).
- Partners with case/disease and internal management departments to facilitate clinical processes between the company and provider offices Serves as a liaison with state / region provider contracting account managers and other associates.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2013 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE. M/F/D/V.
- Current unrestricted New York RN license
- BA/BS/BSN required. 2+ years management experience.
- 2-3 years care/case management experience
- Ability to develop long term relationships with large sophisticated groups and develop joint action plans
- Provider-facing experience preferred. Pharmaceutical or medical sales background preferred.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home helpful