Instructions for applying:
To apply for this position, submit all required application materials (listed below) to http://www.fhdajobs.net.
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter detailing your qualifications/skills/abilities, as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version.
5. Current California RN license or proof of application for a California RN license scanned as a “License Certification” attachment on www.fhdajobs.net.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain and submit transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant’s expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Request for Equivalency Form
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Pediatric Nursing Instructor, De Anza College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Division Dean, Biological, Health and Environmental Sciences and Workforce Education, teach assigned courses for Associate’s degree nursing students with diverse learning styles. This includes incorporating cross-cultural knowledge into both theory and clinical practice nursing. Participate in all aspects of curriculum development and evaluation, which includes multicultural perspectives and practices. Establish effective working relationships with nursing faculty and nursing service personnel in clinical agencies. Attend department, division, college, and agency meetings. Additional responsibilities include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, being available for program student mentoring and advising, pursuing professional growth activities and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to serve on District and college committees and participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
HIRING RANGE: $52,640-$86,454 plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Faculty are also eligible for paid sabbatical leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track position, 12 months per year.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2012
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master’s degree in nursing OR Bachelors degree in Nursing and Masters degree in health education or health science.
3. A current, active license as a Registered Nurse in California OR the ability to obtain a California RN license prior to starting employment.
4. One year continuous, clinical experience in the practice of professional nursing, working with a diverse population OR one academic year of registered nurse level clinical
teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency; and completion of at least one (1) year’s experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
5. Qualify as a “content expert” as defined by California Board of Registered Nursing regulations in pediatric nursing.
6. Qualify as having “clinical competence” as defined by the California Board of Registered Nursing Regulations: clinical experience in pediatric nursing equal to 30 shifts of eight hours within the last three years OR clinical experience teaching pediatrics for a minimum of 2 semesters or 3 quarters.
1. Experience as an instructor in pre- or post-licensure Nursing program.
2. Experience with computer-assisted instruction, simulation lab and interactive video.
3. Participation in community activities and organizations.
4. Participation in professional nursing and/or educational organizations.
5. Experience with interdisciplinary instruction.
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
To apply directly, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/271143