Website City of Hope National Medical Center
The Patient Care Assistants work in our inpatient hospital setting. This role will be supporting the inpatient Hematology unit. This role functions within the scope of practice of a C.N.A (Certified Nurse Assistant) or Nurse Assistant. We are seeking individuals who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCA actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of procedures and techniques in providing routine bedside patient care.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR Certification.
- Minimum Experience: Two years patient care experience.
- High School Graduate or equivalent plus one of the following:
- Non-licensed graduate of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation; or
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant; or
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program.
Preferred Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant.
Salary Range: $14.58 to $21.87