The Community College of Baltimore County has a rich tradition of providing undergraduate education, workforce development, technology training, and life enrichment in the Baltimore metropolitan area. CCBC is the college of choice to over 70,000 students and 200 businesses every year. We meet students where they are and take them where they want to go.
Job Title: Nursing Simulation Lab Manager
Under the general supervision of the Catonsville Nursing Campus Director, the Nursing Lab Manager is responsible for working in collaboration with the Nursing Faculty to provide student-centered learning activities.
The candidate will:
1) Introduce students to the basic nursing skills needed to function in the clinical setting.
2) Evaluates return demonstrations of students, giving constructive feedback regarding their performance.
3) Communicates with teaching and clinical faculty members regarding lab attendance and performance of students.
4) Provides skills lab availability by appointment for students needing individual practice and remedial support concerning skills performance.
5) Provides computer assisted instruction as assigned by teaching faculty, interpreting and clarifying program content as needed.
6) Monitors use of laboratory equipment.
7) Inventories and orders all necessary laboratory supplies.
8) Assists faculty in the use of software and equipment for classroom use.
9) Oversees scheduling of computer lab.
10) Organizes all lab functions.
11) Communicates all nursing skills laboratory needs to the Campus Director.
Essential functions are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Maryland
Earned degree in Nursing at or above the baccalaureate level
Recent clinical experience necessary to present nursing skills in a current format
Current certification in CPR
Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements
Working knowledge of technology
Salary: F2-Faculty 12 month-$57,556- $64,780
This position will remain open until filled.
Choice of one of two Maryland State Retirement Plans(contributory and non-contributory) OR Baltimore County Retirement Plans depending on position; Choice of two college subsidized health care plans (including prescription drugs); Dental and Vision insurance plans for employee and eligible dependents; Employee Assistance Program for employee and family; 403 (b) supplemental retirement plans; 457 (b) deferred compensation plan; Flexible spending accounts; Eligibility for post-retirement medical benefits; Generous tuition reimbursement benefits; Voluntary life, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurances; Holidays, sick and personal leave (vacation leave for 12-month faculty, and professional/administrative positions)
Please apply online at: www.ccbcmdjobs.com
CCBC practices equal opportunity in education and employment and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the college community. EEO/AA