This position has been filled
Lower Columbia College is accepting applications for full-time, tenure track and temporary Nursing Faculty positions. Nursing faculty are responsible for teaching classroom, clinical, and online courses for LCC’s award-winning Associate Degree in Nursing Program. We are seeking applicants to impart expertise, creativity, excitement and enthusiasm in teaching.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Effectively prepare for and teach to a diverse student population with various learning styles and abilities
· Competently incorporate instructional technologies in course delivery, both face-to-face and online
· Provide quality clinical instruction in various settings and regional locations, including day or evening hours
· Provide individualized support to promote student success
· Assess, evaluate and document student learning and achievement of course outcomes
· Maintain currency of course content and materials, including course syllabus
· Actively foster effective learning communities
· Effectively interact with supervisors, colleagues and staff as part of an educational team
· Provide academic advising to students
· Perform ongoing student, program and college assessment activities
· Execute accreditation responsibilities and activities
· Participate in department and college activities and meetings
· Complete professional development activities
· Establish and maintain office hours and be available for student consultation
· Maintain appropriate student records and submit them in a timely manner as required
· Communicate effectively in oral and written form
· Other duties as assigned
Please visit our website (www.lowercolumbia.edu/jobs) for additional position information.
Salary placement is dependent upon education and experience as it relates to the current Lower Columbia College salary schedule. Lower Columbia College has an excellent benefit package. This position will remain open until filled, but for first consideration, applications should be received by 5 p.m., February 22, 2013.
Application materials can be obtained by calling (360) 442-2120 or visiting our website: