Official Title of Position: Nursing Instructor – Available January 2014
Monthly Salary: $4,000/ month on contract (10 month contract) – paid over 12 months
With faculty rank changes, multi-year contracts are awarded
Position Number: 10006091 and 10005637 (GRANT FUNDED)
- Effectively teach didactic and clinical nursing courses and nursing aide courses for the allied health division as assigned by the college—may be at any campus site.
- Develop and implement web enhanced and/or on-line nursing courses.
- Advise students for major and discipline requirements. Take an active role in student success.
- Provide for and be actively involved in on-going evaluations, development, and enhancement of nursing offerings.
- Actively utilize instructional and discipline research data to employ methods for continuous improvement in instructional and institutional effectiveness.
- Actively utilize technology as a learning tool and actively evaluate instructional tools for effective learning.
- Maintain, and improve, through professional development, competence in discipline knowledge and instructional techniques and capabilities.
- Participate in Continuing Education and Community Service offerings.
- Serve on division, college, and system committees as elected or appointed
- Participate in academic and student enhancement activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Active license as a registered nurse in Kentucky, with a minimum of two years experience as a registered nurse within the past five years.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality instruction and student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to across the curriculum competencies of writing, reading, creative thinking, ethics/values, and integrated learning.
- Demonstrated effective technology skills, communication skills (written and verbal), organizational and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to instructional and institutional effectiveness.
- Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college concept and team management.
Application Deadline: Online application deadline is December 4, 2013. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
To Apply: Please visit our website to make application online: http://www.hopkinsville.kctcs.edu/Job-Seekers.aspx
KCTCS offers a competitive employment benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. This position is a full-time position. Position is a term-contract position, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance. KCTCS/HCC is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
KCTCS/HCC is an equal access, equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to providing equal opportunity through its employment practices. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.