The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/or laboratory instruction in the Associate Degree or Vocational Nursing Program. The assignment may vary according to departmental/program needs, based on faculty qualifications.
Master’s degree in nursing. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
A minimum of two years of continuous experience in the practice of professional nursing within the past five years is required. At least one year’s experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care is required. One year of teaching experience in a state-accredited Associate Degree, Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing or Vocational Nursing Program is required. A clinical background in medical-surgical nursing is required. Experience in maternal/newborn, pediatric, gerontology, or psychiatric/mental health is preferred. Computer proficiency is required. Experience in Informatics or Simulation is desired.
Licenses/Certifications: Current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California is required.
Must have a clear background check and drug screen.
Other: Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fulfill the duties of a full-time instructor, including, but not limited to, holding weekly office hours and completing 9 hours of “flex credit” through various available activities and seminars.
2. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the discipline.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of a workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, office hours, student evaluation, committee work, curriculum and program development, and student activities.
4. Other responsibilities include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
5. Supervising student organizations and other co-curricular activities and/or District committee work is expected of all faculty members.
Conditions of Employment:
1. One-Semester temporary, non-tenure track position for the Spring 2013 Semester.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to the college is required as is adherence to college Improvement of Instruction Policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in community activities and active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and liaison with appropriate civic professional groups.
Important note: This is a long-term temporary, non-tenure track position only and will terminate after graduation exercises in June 2013. There is no guarantee that this position will be funded after June 2013. Being offered and accepting this long-term temporary position in no way implies that an interview will be granted for any subsequent full-time positions, nor does it imply any “inside track” to such a position.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Chani Beeman, 450 E. Alessandro Blvd., Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Note: Nursing faculty in hospital teaching assignments are subject to mandatory drug testing requirements and extensive background reviews.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Copies of current valid RN license, credential, certificate, BLS CPR Card etc.
Application Deadline: Interested candidates must apply by 10/19/2012 by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Department: Nursing (R)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Non-Tenure Track (Faculty,Categorically Funded) One-Semester Temporary (Faculty)
Position Length: As Needed
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $54,327 – $83,703
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? Yes
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through: Through Spring 2013
Effective Employment Date: 02/11/2013
Application Deadline: 10-19-2012
*All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Application Types Accepted: Faculty Application
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/280314