Nursing – Clinical Faculty
School of Nursing
College of Health, Community and Professional Studies
Probationary, Tenure-Track Appointment
Metropolitan State University, America’s premier university of lifelong learning is seeking applicants for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in the School of Nursing (SON) to begin January, 2014. The position includes teaching in both classroom and clinical settings. Candidates are expected to be committed to holistic nursing practice, multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
• Teaching nursing courses (clinical and theory) in a variety of formats including on-line.
• Advising nursing students.
• Assisting with coordination and oversight of pre-licensure clinical experiences.
• Promoting a multicultural perspective in the development of SON curricula and college activities.
• Participating in college and university governance and committee activities.
• Master’s in nursing.
• At least two years nursing experience in an acute care setting.
• Eligibility for Minnesota RN licensure.
• Demonstrated ability to work within diverse communities.
• An earned doctorate in nursing or closely related field.
• Experience in teaching undergraduate and pre-licensure nursing students in a variety of formats.
• Experience in medical surgical, pediatric, or psych/mental health nursing – or genetics.
• Experience utilizing a holistic nursing framework.
• Expertise using nursing theory in clinical practice.
To be considered for tenure in the fifth year of hire, candidate must have a doctorate completed or have made substantial progress toward a doctoral degree.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area. We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 31% of our students coming from communities of color. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application: To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 a.m. on Closing Date: Friday, October 25, 2013
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
• Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position.
• Current curriculum vita or resume.
• One page statement of teaching philosophy and/or examples of teaching effectiveness.
• Three letters of recommendation, including at least one addressing your teaching skills.
• Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
• Transcripts – Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date, with your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are required. We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-877-204-4442, option 1, for technical assistance.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Recruitment, Search & Selection Specialist, Jody (Mary) Anderson at 651.793.1811. TTY users call 651.772.7687.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.