Position Type Full Time Regular
Contract Length 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday – Friday
Anticipated Hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; occasional overtime
Anticipated Hours per Week 40
Job Description Summary
Under supervision and direction of the Dean of Allied Health and Public Service Education, the Department Chairperson of Nursing will direct and manage the Department of Nursing by providing leadership and direction to the faculty, staff and students.
1. Provide management, leadership, direction, and evaluation of Nursing Department: recruiting, staffing, training, performance appraisals, ensure compliance with SACS and NC Board of Nursing, prepare and perform as liaison with outside agencies.
2. Chairperson will communicate with and attend NC Board of Nursing meetings; insure and document the department’s compliance with Board rules and regulations; represent
A-B Tech at local and state level meetings; communicate information to faculty, Associate Chairperson, and Dean.
3. Other activities: Mentor and collaborate with Associate Chairperson on departmental issues as needed; evaluate student conflicts, attendance issues, and grade appeals; coordinate and participate in pinning ceremonies; conduct departmental meetings; serve on college committees representing the department and division.
1. Master’s degree in Nursing.
2. Three years full time work experience as an RN.
3. Two years experience as a Nursing Manager.
4. Possess an unrestricted RN license in North Carolina.
1. Experience teaching in a community college or university Nursing department.
2. Recent experience in Medical Surgical Nursing.
3. NC Board of Nursing participant.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The salary range of $63,508.- $66,720. includes an additional monthly stipend of $417.00 per month that has been approved for fiscal year 2012-2013.
Posting Detail Information
Review Date 04/12/2012
Start Date 05/15/2012
Salary Range $63,508. – $66,720. (See Special Instructions to Applicants)