This position has been filled
Health Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Salary and Level OR Rate and Grade
Based upon faculty salary schedule. Range $41,198- $51,294 Placement depends upon qualifications and experience.
Projected Start Date
As soon as possible
Hours Per Week
Full-time, salaried position. Scheduled hours will vary each semester.
Salaried position – hours will vary each semester. Flexibility in schedule, including availability for day, evening, weekend or summer assignments at various locations as appropriate.
If faculty position, indicate type of contract
Health and dental insurance for family members
Life and long-term disability insurance
Wisconsin Retirement System
403(B) tax deferred annuity program
457 deferred compensation plan
Section 125 flexible spending accounts
Paid holidays, personal and sick leave
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for increasing student learning through developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college activities. Competencies and tasks of the position will be consistent with the educational principles of the college that focus on meeting the learning needs of students.
• Instruct in Nursing Assistant program. Program information available at http://www.cvtc.edu/programs/pages/default.aspx
• Demonstrates commitment to service excellence standards.
• Develop, revise and implement curriculum
• Plan for instruction
• Facilitate student learning and deliver instruction
• Manage the classroom or learning site effectively
• Maintain labs when appropriate
• Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds
• Assist with recruitment of students
• Assess student learning
• Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement
• Support and assist with the development of flexible instructional delivery systems, including on-line instruction
• Communicate and maintain positive relations with internal and external CVTC community
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and participate on instructional and college-wide teams
• Pursue on-going professional development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to plan, organize, instruct and facilitate educational courses of quality.
• Flexibility in schedule, including availability for day, evening, weekend or summer assignments at various locations as appropriate.
• Ability to utilize technology which supports learning and teaching.
• Ability to work with students in both one on one and group instruction situations.
• Ability to complete courses for re-certification requirements. For example, this position may require completion of 12 credits within the first five years and a minimum requirements to complete some credits within the first three years.
• Employment with CVTC is contingent upon successful completion of background check(s).
Training and Experience
•RN Wisconsin License
•Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of related work experience http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/certification/occexp/543-30-1.docx
•Without Bachelor’s degree, seven years (14,000 hours) of related work experience.
•At least one year experience as an RN in long-term, rehabilitation, or home care.
•Completion of Train the Trainer Course.
•Past teaching experience preferred, not required.
The following physical demands are representative of those that are required for employees to successfully perform the essential functions of a majority of jobs at Chippewa Valley Technical College. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee may be required to run, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, balance, taste, and smell. May seldom be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of moving equipment, if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Chippewa Valley Technical College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Unique College Requirements
•This position requires that a Bachelor’s degree in a related field be obtained within five years from date of employment (if not already obtained).
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/322758
Additional Information for Applicants
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Equal Opportunity Officer, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6382
Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
Chippewa Valley Technical College will be a dynamic community partner dedicated to adding value through learning and student success.