Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care in a correctional setting to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others.
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up consultation and health education.
- Manages patient’s overall care.
- Obtains patient histories and develops patient care treatment plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy using the POMR format.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staff.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions.
- Prescribes medications and other treatments.
- Participates in planning programs and in developing specific health polices and procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- · Knowledge of patient care charts and histories.
- · Knowledge of health education theory and practice.
- · Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- · Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
- · Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- · Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the deliver of medical evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- · Knowledge or related accreditation and certification requirements.
- · Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- · Current license as a Registered Nurse/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- · Current CPR certification, ACLS certification preferred
- · Two years of experience
Armor Health Care Recruiter
Fax: (954) 206-6006