This position has been filled
The Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing invites applications for their NP Collateral Faculty position (F35300). Faculty are united to advance the physical and mental health of adults across the lifespan with emphasis on the dynamic interactions among individuals, groups, and health care systems. This is a full-time, non-tenure eligible faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Salary is commensurate with experience and preparation.
The primary teaching focus of this position will be the graduate level practice programs in the School of Nursing. This position will provide leadership in advanced practice, and create a clinical practice program that supports educational and practice innovations and demonstrates best practices. It will provide leadership in identification and incorporation of emerging models of practice and education, such as interprofessional practice and simulation within the clinical concentration of adult health. This position will also identify opportunities for and develop grant applications that support innovation in education and practice. The incumbent will maintain a program of clinical practice that serves as a site and model for APRN practice and clinical education. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and preparation.
• DNP with a focus in the Adult Acute Nurse Practitioner role.
• Nationally certified as a ACNP.
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia.
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Virginia.
• Five years experience in advanced practice role (ACNP)
• Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
• Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
• Eligible for appointment at the rank of Collateral Associate Professor or higher.
• Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review or assessment
• Proven record of, or potential for, grantsmanship to develop educational grants.
• Teaching experience in a school of nursing.
• Experience with simulation instruction.
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service.
To apply for this position, please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Norrell Meeks, Human Resources Administrator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, email@example.com. For additional information please visit our website www.nursing.vcu.edu.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.