Website Millikin University
The Millikin University School of Nursing seeks faculty members to teach in its CCNE-accredited baccalaureate, master’s, and DNP programs.
The qualifications for the tenure-track Assistant Professor positions include:
• Holding a current Registered Professional Nurse (RN) licensure;
• Preparation at the doctoral level with a specialty focus in medical-surgical nursing with a history of scholarly endeavors;
• Demonstrated academic credentials, university teaching experience;
• Experience teaching in graduate and/or undergraduate nursing programs with evidence of strong clinical skills and the ability to facilitate student learning and success;
• Having a minimum of two years of clinical practice experience;
• Demonstration of a strong commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service at the university level; and
• Qualities which advance successful collaboration within the diverse nursing and university programs of the university.
* Tenure-track status requires the terminal doctoral degree. Candidates who hold an MSN will be considered if they commit to enrolling in a doctoral program within 2 years of employment. Millikin University offers the tuition waiver for individuals who hold advanced practice nursing masters’ degrees and choose to enroll in the University’s DNP Program. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the School of Nursing.
Candidates should submit letter of application, current CV, and 3-5 references with contact information to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.