Instructions for applying:
To apply for this position, submit all required application materials (listed below) to http://www.fhdajobs.net.
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. A current license as a Registered Nurse in California scanned as a “License Certification” attachment on www.fhdajobs.net.
5. All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and an English translation (if necessary). These services are done at the applicant’s expense.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
6. Scanned as a “Required Supplemental Document” attachment on www.fhdajobs.net, please provide the following:
a) A listing with the dates, name of the nursing continuing education event, topics and continuing education hours to establish 30 hours of continuing education in medical/surgical nursing within the last 2 years.
b) A listing with the dates, name of the nursing continuing education event, topics and continuing education hours to establish 30 hours of continuing education in one of the following: gerontology, pediatrics, perinatal or psychiatric nursing within the last 3 years.
c) A listing of the places, dates, clinical assignment(s), point of contact person and a phone number (or a verification of employment statement) to validate 30 shifts of 8 hours of work as a nurse in medical/surgical nursing within the last 2 years.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Required Supplemental Documents
Request for Equivalency Form
Job # 13-034
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Medical-Surgical Nursing Instructor, De Anza College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Division Dean, Biological and Health Sciences, teach assigned courses for Associate Degree Nursing Students with diverse learning styles. This includes incorporating cross-cultural knowledge into both theory and clinical practice in fundamental and medical-surgical nursing. Participate in all aspects of curriculum development and evaluation, which includes multicultural perspectives and practices. Establish effective working relationships with nursing faculty and nursing service personnel in clinical agencies. Attend college, nursing faculty and agency meetings. Additional responsibilities include being available for program student mentoring and advising. Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attendance at department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to serve on District and college committees and participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
HIRING RANGE: $52,640-$86,454 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Faculty are also eligible for paid sabbatical leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 10 months per year.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2013
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master’s Degree in nursing OR Bachelor’s in nursing AND Master’s degree in health education or health sciences OR the equivalent.
3. A current, active license as a Registered Nurse in California.
4. One year continuous clinical experience in the practice of professional nursing working with a diverse population.
5. Qualify as a “content expert” as defined by California Board of Registered Nursing regulations in Medical-Surgical nursing within the last two years and in one of the following specialty areas: Gerontology, Pediatrics, Perinatal, or Psychiatric nursing, within the last three years.
6. Qualify as having “clinical competence” as defined by California Board of Registered Nursing Regulations: clinical experience in fundamental medical-surgical areas nursing equal to 30 shifts of eight hours within the last two years.
1. Experience as an instructor in pre or post licensure nursing program.
2. Qualify as having “clinical competence” as defined by California Board of Registered Nursing Regulations: clinical experience in one of the following specialty areas: Gerontology, Pediatrics, Perinatal, or Psychiatric nursing equal to 30 shifts of eight hours within the last three years.
3. Experience with simulation, computer assisted instruction and interactive video.
4. Participation in community activities and organizations.
5. Participation in professional nursing and/or educational organizations.
6. Experience with interdisciplinary instruction.
7. Ability to work well as a member of a team.
Terms 10 Month
Job Close Date
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/313047