Join a company ranked among the TOP 25 Companies to Work for in Los Angeles!
Join AltaMed’s team of multicultural health care professionals in serving more than 150,000 families a year. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention and healthy living to reduce health care disparities in multi-ethnic communities and avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room or other more costly forms of care.
AltaMed is the largest independent Federally Qualified Community Health Center in the U.S., with more than 930,000 annual patient visits. Our culturally competent physicians and health care professionals provide integrated primary care services, senior care programs, and health and human services at 43 accredited sites in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Established in 1970, AltaMed is proud to be a national model for the delivery of quality, patient centered care to underserved communities. We currently have excellent opportunities for the following:
Full Time – Regular
- Provide nursing care with a strong focus on excellent customer service.
- Determine specific clinic needs and prepare area with appropriate supplies, equipment, etc.
- Interview patients and/or family; review patient charts and progress notes to determine prior visits to the clinic, history, status of follow-up on physician’s orders, and definition of problems.
- Refer defined patient needs to physician.
- Instruct patient and/or family on follow-up care.
- Assist physician with procedures and treatments.
- Evaluate charts of patients who failed clinic appointments to determine urgency of follow-up care; contact social worker as necessary and review the follow-up appointment plan with clinic staff.
- Document clinic activities (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.)
- Communicate, coordinate and consult with members of the health team.
- Maintain adequate levels of medication, supplies and teaching aids.
- Assist in orientation of new personnel.
- Provide nursing staff coverage in clinics as assigned.
- Collect data from “walk-in” or “phone-in” patients and follow provider orders.
- Perform, observe and record patient symptoms, interactions and progress; report findings to medical provider. Position does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
- Assist medical providers/carry out medical providers’ orders by performing requested tests.
- Assist with referrals as needed.
- Assist in calibrating medical equipment and ensuring logs are up to date.
- Graduation from an accredited LVN school
- Current LVN license issued by the State of California Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Current CPR/First Aid training
- Experience and knowledge regarding patient physical, mental and social needs
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese, depending on location, preferred
- Ability to work well with patients; demonstrated patience and kind/caring attitude
AltaMed offers extensive opportunities for professional development, as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our team members enjoy medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan with matching employer contributions, tuition reimbursement, continuing education programs, and much more. We invite you to join us in making a difference in our communities and in the lives of others.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
View a full list of open positions and apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is accredited by The Joint Commission. EOE M/F/D/V