Amerigroup, a proud member of the WellPoint family of companies, is focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals and families. We improve access to quality health care for the financially vulnerable, seniors and people with disabilities.
Here, you can do work that matters and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Together, our associates are transforming health care with trusted and caring solutions.
The LTSS Service Coordinator is responsible for conducting telephonic or face-to-face assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of members needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies members with potential for high risk complications and coordinates treatment in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health services.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual service plan.
- Conducts ongoing member assessments to include implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
- Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Requires a Nursing Diploma or AS in Nursing or a related field; 2 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, Advocate or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Masters in Health/Nursing field preferred.
- Current unrestricted RN, LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, or LMSW license, as required by state, required.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2013 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers.