Institute of Technology
~ Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Nurse (LVN&LPN)-Instructor:
Are you an experienced nurse with a passion for mentoring new nurses? Do you remember the teacher who believed in you and inspired you to be the nurse you are today? It is your turn! Join the Institute of Technology (IOT) vocational nursing faculty and invest in your community’s future nurses!
Since 2004, IOT has been fulfilling our vision to be the premier provider of postsecondary education in the western U.S., measured by student satisfaction and focused educations that lead to valued careers. IOT’s talented and experienced staff and faculty train future Chefs and Pastry Artists, Human Resource professionals, Criminology Emergency Response Management personnel, and HVAC installers. We also prepare Medical Assistants and Vocational Nurses for service in a variety of healthcare settings. Institute of Technology is accredited by (ACCSC) Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges.
Our Modesto campus is conveniently located in north Modesto with easy access from both Hwy 99 and Kiernan Road. We are just minutes away from restaurants, shopping, housing, schools, and more. Classrooms, labs, and kitchens are housed in the 6 unique buildings, nestled within the park-like setting of the campus.
Teaching at IOT will present you with the opportunity to collaborate with a team of education and nursing experts, expand your professional network, and most importantly make a difference in the lives of local students. Come join our family and experience work that you love!
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Nurse (LVN&LPN)-Instructor: Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Effectively guide learning and learner development
• Maintain high energy level and ability to engage students to ensure an excellent student experience
• Facilitate active and ongoing classroom management
• Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing clinical sites
• Assume complete responsibility for up to 15 students in a clinical facility
• Develop student remediation plans as necessary
• Participate in Simulation Lab, Skills Lab, and tutoring sessions
• Effectively use a mentor/coach approach to build productive educational relationships with students
• Serve as a positive, professional role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development
• Work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, and other team members
• Engage in professional development activities to maintain currency in educational research, trends, and best practices
• Attend faculty meetings, in-service sessions, student orientations, graduations, and other campus events as required
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Nurse (LVN&LPN)-Instructor: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Current, unencumbered RN/LVN license to practice professional nursing in California
• Associates Degree in Nursing (Baccalaureate Degree preferred)
• 3+ years clinical nursing experience within the last 5 years
• Teaching/training experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• High level of problem solving and decision making aptitude
• Professional image with the ability to effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community
“If this is the career opportunity you have been waiting for….. Contact us today!”