Salary: Subject to Faculty Contract provisions
Opening Date: 6/20/2012
Closing Date: Continuous
Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, pluralism is promoted in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building a pluralistic and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
Beginning in September 2012, Bellevue College will implement a new bachelor of applied science (BAS) degree in Healthcare Technology and Management with a concentration in Healthcare Information Technology to meet the substantial demand for appropriately qualified workers in this field. The preponderance of the BAS courses will be in systems integration, operation, implementation and analytics. Graduates are trained to work as providers to, or members of, a healthcare team that manages and performs the customization, implementation, integration and maintenance of healthcare information systems, data and components. Refer to the webpage for further detail: http://bellevuecollege.edu/hctm
The Healthcare Technology and Management Program at Bellevue College is seeking to fill part-time Health Information Technology (BAS) Instructor and curriculum development positions.
Minimum qualifications are:
• Master’s Degree in health information technology or related field; or, Bachelor’s Degree in health information technology or related field and work experience in health informatics, healthcare information technology, or healthcare administration.
• 2 years relevant work experience in health information technology or a related field;
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and teams;
• Relevant teaching experience;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Ability and willingness to adapt to changing teaching schedules (day and evening) and situations (on campus, online, hybrid, etc.) as required by the program;
• Philosophy of education appropriate to teach in a diverse (multi-cultural, multi-ability) classroom and advocate for pluralism.
Desired qualifications are:
• Distance education delivery experience;
• Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to teaching and learning theory;
• Demonstrated effectiveness teaching upper-division undergraduate classes;
• Active affiliation with professional organizations related to health information technology or related field.
Applicants interested in this position, please send curriculum vitae, cover letter that identifies classes you are most interested in teaching and statement of your teaching philosophy to Kimberly Phillips, MAOL (Program Manager) at email@example.com or mail/ fax to:
Healthcare Technology & Management
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, (A242)
Bellevue, WA. 98007-6484
Attn: Kimberly Phillips, Program Manager
Candidates will be required to bring a transcript if invited to an interview.